Falling.

Have you ever been so close to the abyss that you can feel all the hairs in the back of your neck stand up on end, your chest tightens, the heart speeds, but it feels as if the blood is too thick to pass through your veins. To see the darkness for what it is and know their is no light at the bottom. But you still approach it, in a brief moment as you approach you smell a sweet sent, roses,  maybe honey. Your foot sinks into the edge and you begin to fall; their isn't anything to grab onto and your now falling. You see a light peer so gently at the presupposes of the abyss as your falling slowly and reach your hand for the light to hold it to grasp it to hope it's light spreads and lights up all around you. You hold it for a few moments and you begin to feel the warmth, you close your eyes and begin to feel the warmth emitting from your hand, your chest lightens you can feel it. You open your eyes slowly and focus on the light but it's gone. The warmth you feel is the blood coursing from your gaping wound, you open your hand and razors poor from it. The light wasn't a light or even the embodiment of the abyss, it was the abyss. It pulled you in and fooled your senses just so that it could pull you deeper within itself. Your falling, deeper and deeper, their are no walls to grab no bottom to hit. You look up and the light hovers right above the edge emitting a soft glow; showing you it's brightness as your falling, it grows smaller as you sink further and further. But it still bright no matter how far enveloped within itself, as if to show you how happy it is to have you falling within itself. You are so deep, you give up and curl into as small of a ball as you can make yourself. You close your eyes because it is brighter when you close them then if you peer into the void. Your falling; your hope and dreams are gone you have nothing left but the void. It's consumed you to feed itself, to nourish its darkness.