"I'm Mister Loverman"

·̇·̣̇̇·̣̣̇·̣̇̇·̇ •๑♡๑•୨୧┈┈┈୨୧•๑♡๑• ·̇·̣̇̇·̣̣̇·̣̇̇·̇

Normally, the makeshift hut was full of laughter, or pleasant conversations between the two teens. Today though, they stared at one another, one worried and the other's face tear-stained.

Typically, the two had nice times together in that hut... It was their 'Forever Hut'. But it seemed that, at that moment, something harmful would ripple throughout their safe-place...

"Why'd ya ask me to come, Hound?" Mirage finally broke the tension between them, the silence beginning to creep up into anxiety. "Octane and I were about to go.."

"SHUT UP!"

The words echoed throughout the hut, venom lacing after them. Hound snapped their head up to stare at Mirage, their usual blank expression or slight smile replaced by teary eyes and quivering lips.

Mirage just stared at them before a small apology slipped through his lips, deciding to keep quiet so he could listen to Hound; he knew they'd have something to say.

"How come you can fall in love with an absolute stranger... But the years that we've known one another, you haven't bothered to think that maybe I am in love you, Elliott!"

Hound's voice, usually calm and mellow, was replaced by a powerful, broken voice. More tears poured from their cheeks, following by frequent and choked sobs as they stared up at the other. "Octane showed up out of NOWHERE! And suddenly he is ALL you talk about! Get it through your thick skull that I don't want to HEAR about your relationship, I want to BE your relationship!"

Mirage stared at Hound, almost in horror at the emotions they had let pour out, though his own heart just beat against his chest, trying not to let himself tear up, terrified of saying anything wrong..
But it was Mirage, of course something would slip out.

"W-Well.. I just felt so different with Octane than I had felt with you... A-And I did feel like that with you for a while..."

"Then what did I do for those feelings to disappear... WHAT DID I DO?"

Their words boomed throughout the hut, reaching to grab Mirage's hands firmly, staring up at him as they could feel more sobs begin to break through.

"We have... Known one another for so long... I don't understand how you could just fall for some... IDIOT! All he does is get himself into stupid situations... I don't understand what is so pleasing to you... What is so pleasing about him that I don't have..."

The words were practically falling from Hound's lips like a waterfall, they were a pool of emotions at that point..

And with such intense feelings.. Can come nothing but anger.

Hound looked up to the photo of the three of them, snatching the photo as they stared down at it, grip tightening as it crumpled between their fingers.

"...It was us against the world... Why did you have to add another addition?" Hound asked, though their gaze stayed glued to the photo. The silence lingered heavily between them before there was one more snap.

"WHY, ELLIOTT?" The yell was enough to bring tears to Mirage's eyes as he stared down at the other, reaching out to gently grab their shoulder before his hand was violently smacked away.

"Y-You seemed to be as fond as him as I was when he came to us... I didn't think that he would... Hurt you this much, Hound.." His explanation was almost a whisper, being terrified of his friend at that moment, just staring at him as he waited for him to speak again.

"Well obviously not..." Hound breathed, staring at him as they could feel his tears begin to flow heavier and quicker once they locked eyes with Elliott. "All he did was ruin my chances with the only person I've ever felt such strong emotions for... Elliott, you're a damn idiot.." Hound stood to their feet, staring down at Mirage, feeling themself breaking then and there.

"I MADE IT SO OBVIOUS HOW I FELT!" Hound screamed, jabbing their finger into Mirage's chest, doing nothing but stare at him as rage and sadness fueled inside them. "I TRIED SO HARD TO LOVE YOU... AND FOR YOU TO LOVE ME! WHY COULDN'T YOU OF JUST FUCKING CAUGHT ON!" When those last words slipped from their lips, a loud rip echoed throughout the now silent hut.
In one hand was half the photo that was them and Mirage... But in the other hand was Octane, by his lonesome.

Hound looked down at their hands, letting the photos drop as they stared at Mirage, what they had done finally clicking as they began to stumble on their words; "E..Eli... I didn't mean to... Do that..." They whispered, though their voice was still shaky, and instead of a harsh reaction, they felt a pair of arms wrap right around them. They returned the hug, resting their head onto Mirage's shoulder for a few moments before they spoke.
"You.. Aren't angry?"

"I could never be angry at you, Hound.." The words were sincere, just holding onto Hound as he continued to speak. "I never meant to hurt you... I never knew that Octane would break us apart so harshly..." Mirage stayed silent for a few moments, just trying to compose himself so he wouldn't absolutely crumble then and there in front of Hound yet again. "I.. Wish I would've caught on about how you felt... I wish I would've told you how I felt..." Mirage whispered, voice beginning to break, grip around Hound beginning to tighten. "I would've been so thrilled to be in a relationship with you... You've done so much you make me feel loved and wanted over these past years... And you're one of the few people who have been able to do so... I wish that I would've been able to be with you.." Mirage's voice was nothing but a whisper now, forehead resting against Hound's chest as he could feel not only his own heart racing but Hound's too.

There was silence between them, and this time it wasn't tense or uncomfortable, all they were doing was letting the words race through their head.

Eventually, the silence was broken by Hound, who had still been holding onto Mirage for dear life; "I guess we were both in the same boat... Not picking up how the other felt," they whispered, "But do you still love Octavio?" Hound asked, though they were scared to hear the answer... Because they had and idea of what it may be...

Mirage sat there silent for a few moments, just holding onto Hound before he got the opportunity to let himself speak; "I love Octane... And I can't... Let him go," he whispered, looking up at Hound. Saying those words hurt more than he could express, but he rested his hands on Hound's cheeks, giving him a sad smile; "Just promise me you'll wait for me... Okay?" he whispered softly, "I can't let him go... Not now... Not yet.." Mirage lowered his hands, going to leave the hut before he was stopped by Hound's next phrase.

"I'll wait for you... Even if it's until the end of time..." They whispered, returning the sad smile Mirage had given them, "Just don't forget to wait for me too..."

"I'd never forget.."

·̇·̣̇̇·̣̣̇·̣̇̇·̇ •๑♡๑•୨୧┈┈┈୨୧•๑♡๑• ·̇·̣̇̇·̣̣̇·̣̇̇·̇

"And I miss my Lover, man" ⇖

·̇·̣̇̇·̣̣̇·̣̇̇·̇ •๑♡๑•୨୧┈┈┈୨୧•๑♡๑• ·̇·̣̇̇·̣̣̇·̣̇̇·̇

{this idea was fully given by NEWFUNK}