The beginning

I want to marry Betty. After our marriage, we would sleep around with cute guys and when we are ready to start having kids, we would find a handsome man with great genes to get us both pregnant.

I was that pretty quiet choir girl every parent wished they had as a daughter. I lead worship in church almost every service day. Not just because I'm too good at singing but because my Dad, Pastor Paul, said he always got possessed by the holy ghost each time I sang in church. He told me that he cannot perform miracles or hear from God without me. I still did not know how I had been pulling that off since I wouldn't stop stealing from the offering box. Nobody knew about this blasphemous acts of mine.

Singing in the church was the first of the two things I knew how to do in life. The second thing i knew how to do was loving Betty and giving mad pleasures to her beautiful boobs. I loved her body shape, her mind, how intelligent she was, how dedicated she was at cleaning the church with her deaf grandma and most importantly, I loved Betty's boobs.

My immediate older brother, Joshua who would take over the church from Dad in the future had overheard the sweet life conversation i was having with Betty and reported us to my parents. Now my parents think I'm possessed. My Dad, the tyrant, flogged me thirty six times with a wire before he locked me up in his study. He said i should stay in there for three days repenting for my sins. When I came out of the room, the first news I heard from my little nosy sister, Naomi, was that she overheard our parents saying that how I got the demonic thoughts was because i was not circumcised at birth. Mum had made arrangements with the famous Doctor Yakutu to cut off my clitoris the night I came out from the study. Which was tonight! Naomi said mum planned to drug my food and then carry my sleeping body to Doctor Yakutu. The news terrified me. Everyone in our church community knew about the obese doctor Yakutu who lived alone down the street. Her only job in life was to advise parents to circumcise their daughter's so they wouldn't ever like sex. Rumour had it that she performs the circumcision on adult females without analgesics. she believed they feeling the pain would make us terrified of sexual intercourse. "Having my clitoris cut off at 28 and being allowed to feel the pain?" I started shivering and had the insane urge to poop.

"I do not want my clitoris cut off! I should have the right to do what I want to do! I'm not a kid anymore!" I screamed in my mind as hot tears flowed down my pale cheeks. I thought of running away but i had no money or a place to go. Betty lived and worked in the church too. Betty had no money either. I steal money from the church and share with Betty every sunday. They had come to The Glory Dome Church to seek healing and help for Josh, who had blood cancer. They were told they needed to serve God first. When God saw their dedication, he would send the healing. They had been living in church for two and half years now serving the lord and he was yet to send the healing.

I needed to run away with Betty. After all she was tired of being at Glory Dome. I thought on stealing huge amount of money from the offering box but first I needed to stop them from taking me to Doctor Yakutu tonight. I decided to attempt suicide to stall my parents till Sunday. By Sunday, I would enter the church treasury office and steal enough money as usual and then run away with Betty.

I went to our backyard and picked up a small can of black paint. Thank God we were renovating again. While walking back to the house with the paint, I heard moaning sounds coming from Caleb's room. It seemed he was watching porn and masturbating again. I sneered at how lucky he was. I made up my mind to tell him to be careful because his room was next to the ever holy Joshua. If Joshua were to find out that he masturbated, I bet he would make Dad take him to become a monk and Caleb wouldn't want that.

The bell rang for Lunch. I hadn't eaten in three days but I was not hungry. All I was thinking about was not accidentally dying from my suicide stunt. I walked briskly to the dinning table while my heart had flew to my stomach and my intestines had moved up to my chest. My heart wouldn't stop pounding. Nobody even spoke to me. My mum and Joshua were staring daggers right at me. My dad instructed we all hold hands to pray. I looked as Caleb held out his right hand to Joshua. If only holy Joshua knew what Caleb just did with that hand. My Dad instructed we all bow and shut our eyes for prayers. The very moment I heard him say, "Our Almighty lord Jesus christ!" I stomped on my feet and banged my hands on the dining table. Everyone opened their eyes in shock to look at me. I opened the paint bucket and in a flash I started gulping it down, forcing the greasy liquid down my dry throat and to a stomach that had not eaten in 3 days. Some of the paint was dripping out from the corners of my mouth to my clothes and to the table. I bet my mum would be more worried about staining the Italian dining table than in my life.