Chapter 1 - Backstory

"chance ball!" hinata ran towards the net, ready to spike the ball to score his team another point. he stopped his approach and jumped up, a jump higher than any average person. for his height, it's impressive, distracting the opponent team and leaving them motionless, giving karasuno another point.

"chibi-chan never fails to make you look excited, kenma," kuroo teased his childhood friend.

"shut up kuroo," kenma rolled his eyes.

"hinata, nice kill!" tanaka cheered his underclassmen. as hinata was about to thank his upperclassmen for the compliment, the gym door opened, revealing 3 men. all 3 men wore black suits, covering their faces with matching black sunglasses. the man in the center took a nice look around the gym, examining the high school boys.

"you think they're the boys boss was talking about?" he asked.

"he said something about a tangerine and a buddha, so yea i think this is it." the three men walked towards the nekoma and karasuno coaches, explaining their reason of arrival.

"who do you think they are, noya-san?" tanaka asked.

"government people? i don't know," nishinoya replied. the three men averted their gazes from the adults to the teens, walking towards them.

"would you boys like to be on a television show?" the last two words caught hinata, tanaka and nishinoya's attention.

"A TV SHOW?" the boys exclaimed, unable to contain their excitement.

"yep, it's a new simulation game and you guys get to be the first guests!"

"simulation?" kenma asked, also interested. he loved playing games, and he's always wanted to try simulation games.

"yea! the girls over there in the corner can come if they want to," the man smiled, referring to the managers.

"o-ok! when is the shooting?" daichi asked.

"tomorrow, 11 p.m. make sure you ask for permission from your parents. we'll be recording this at the miyagi broadcasting station, i'm sure it'll pop up when you search the location. hope to see you all there!" the three men left, and the boys completely forgot about the volleyball match that was interrupted.

"woah, a tv show with us as guests? i can't believe it!" hinata exclaimed, still giggly about what just happened. "kenma, you'll be coming with us too, right?"

"only if you go, shoyo," kenma gave the younger a small smile.

"yayy! kageyama, you're going too?"

"of course, boke. whoever wins owes the other 3 curry buns."

"you bet! what about you, inuoka? lev?"

"i-i don't know, seems kind of sketchy.." inuoka had a bad feeling about those men.

"aww, that's fine, but you'll be going right lev?"

"i-i actually have to take make up tests tomorrow, i'm sorry hinata.."

"it's ok! i'll tell you all about it whenever we have another match.. OH THE MATCH!" hinata reminded everyone of what they were in the gym for. the two captains apologized to the referee and continued their game.

time skip to the next day, 11 p.m.

"waa, we're going to be on tv!" hinata's eyes sparkled in joy.

"boke, you're going to lose."

"never! come on guys, let's go!" hinata led his friends inside the building, where the same three men were waiting for the boys in front of the enterance, aone, futakuchi, ushijima, tendou, oikawa and iwaizumi standing next to them.