Chapter 1: The promise

RONIN'S POV

Me and Logi walked down the spiral staircase to have a talk with the Elf King. "There's a real comfort in being a nobody like me, miss Ronin. As long as i do my job, everyone leaves me alone. I recommend trying a like- minded approach, ma'am." said Logi to me as we walked. "I did not ask you for your counsel, Logi. I prefer that we walk in silence." i said to Logi. "As a servant of the royal house of elves, i have seen a great many leaders come and go. You don't seek my counsel, but you should. Despite all my experience, i will maintain the safe shelter of being a nobody. Princesses like you find glory, but at a price." said Logi. "Why are you telling me this?" i asked Logi. "Because i can sense your uncertainty, ma'am. I sense a terrible decision to be made. It is the feeling that portends a cataclysmic event." replied Logi. "Logi, are you questioning my loyalty to the nation of elves?" i asked him. "In all the years we have known each other, have i ever done that, ma'am? The king has requested that i remain outside. I will be waiting here until you return." said Logi to me. "Logi, you should know by now that i will always act in the best interests of the elf kingdom. Even if it means raising doubts over my allegiance." i told Logi and i entered in while the Elf King is taking a bath. 

"Your highness. Ronin has arrived!" said the elf and the Elf King rises up from his bath. "My lord, i apologize for failing to destroy the stonekeepers. I humbly request to be given one more chance to do this right." i said to the Elf King. "Ronin, i was told by a little bird that your amulet is guided by a voice. Is this true?" the Elf King asked to me. "There is no truth to it, my liege. Whoever told you such a thing is a liar." i replied to him. "Hmm, i see. Then i will have them executed." said the Elf King as he places his mask on. "I cannot stand idly by and allow them to insult you. To call my best officer a traitor is a grave mistake and a terrible offense." said the Elf King as the servant dresses him up with robes. "Ronin, you are everything that king Gallum or his son Trellis was not. Your thirst for vengeance has been a guiding light. That is why i made you the princess. Someday you will tell me about your curse. I suspect i will not like what i hear. Don't worry, Ronin. Today is not that day. Today you promise to finish your work and destroy the other stonekeepers. Can you promise that for me?" asked the Elf King to me. "I promise to serve the elves, your majesty. And i promise i will not fail them." i told him.