Girls' Night Out

Chapter 1

The night was young and I felt an unnatural vibe from the spirits and gods. They must know something rather out of the ordinary will swing right by according to this sensation pulsating throughout my body. My golden locket that hung around my neck started to feel warm; I studied it for a moment, then all of a sudden it started glowing. Whenever this happens it is a signal that my ancestors want me to summon my witch powers.
From my position on the carpeted floor, I slowly went into the perfect pose by bending the left foot and placing it on my opposite thigh, and then repeated the action until I completed the sitting position. Relaxing every muscle in my body, quietly I began to chant the mantra my ancestors taught me in my dream, I continued the mantra until I felt energized and stronger and ready to tackle the event that lies ahead.
With a determined smile, I got off the floor and went to my walk in closet made out of mahogany wood, scrolling through the racks of clothes I glimpse the shiny silver necklace that was attached to my purple dress. I put it on and add my white pumps with my makeup professionally done adding the watermelon flavoured lip gloss as the cherry on top. I entered my bathroom and stared at my reflection, I then realized I still had my rollers in, gently pulling them out one by one my golden brown hair bounced with life as they were released from the rollers leaving my hair with loose curls and volume. I came back in my room to greet a speechless red head with an astonished look on her face, which is one of my best friends.

“Damn shay you look gorgeous” she looked me up and down as she gave her approval.

“Really? But I am contemplating whether to change the dress or not” I turned my back to the floor length mirror focussing on my ass.

Justine was one of my friends that really sticked by my side when I became suicidal from all the bullying since the 8th grade, I had many insecurities since then especially with my weight.

“You shouldn’t change it, it looks perfect on you” she had a slight frown on her face “You deserve to live a little and show off the body that clearly many people can’t see”

“I guess your right” I replied trying to make the thought slip away.

“I know am right” she shot back.

I looked over at Justine just as she continued to read her magazine that’s filled with gossip about Hollywood stars, her usually tightly curled hair now straighten slicked back accompanied with her dangling golden earrings. She too had on a dress but it’s green and long and had a split at the side, her shoes was a black stilettos, as for a diva and an expert in fashion it was expected she would look smoking hot. This is the reason why when the girls and I are going shopping I let Justine pick out most of the clothes.

“I am heading to the theatre room to watch TV you coming?” I asked
“Ok” she watched me carefully, and then sped off to the theatre “who reaches last is a loser!!”

I watched as her short legs raced through the hallway and went downstairs with her shoes in hand.

“Man this girl is something else” I giggled at her childish behaviour.

Justine raced to the snack bar that was located in the theatre, I caught up with her hot on her tail; I was then the one leading until we reached the snack bar.

“Ha! Who’s the loser now?” I grinned.

“Gosh, you’re getting pretty good at this” She patted my back then scanned the foods they had.

I was now thirsty from the long running and ordered a slushy instead of food, since I was on a weight loss journey, for a 16 year old girl I was considered overweight for my age.
Our destination is the new night club in town called ~Dreamweekend~ ever since the club opened Justine & Bonnie won’t stop blabbing about it, I swear the number of people they tell about that club, am not surprised when we arrive, the club is packed. I guess that’s the power of being popular. The theatre was quite extravagant not that am bragging but it’s true. With red silky drapes that runs on the sides of the room, with the cinema style flat screen TV attached to the wall, it made me feel I was at the real cinema. My father owns a multimillion company named after him Menghani INC.  to answer your question, he is self-centred at times but otherwise he is a great person once you get to know him. In other words my family is rich not the filthy kind, the rooms and the house in general is sophisticated and intricately designed in a way to impress.
When the television turned on I realized our TV series is going on. That was the episode where Elena and Damon find a way to go over to the other side to rescue Bonnie from the Prison world back to Mystic Falls, I smiled at how happy she was, how she was filled with hope. Speaking of Bonnie, I wonder how long it would take for her to get here.
The doorbell rang right on cue.

Justine quickly volunteered “I’ll get it”.
After a set of steps going down the stairs I heard Justine’s voice.

“Bonnie you’re so early” she remarked, her voice laced with sarcasm.

“Shut up bxtch” Bonnie replied jokingly.

“As you should know a female dog is called a bxtch and dogs come from nature and nature is beautiful so thanks for the compliment” she replied matter- of- factly.

“But still you should have come early”

“I know but I was finishing up some homework assignments that’s due Monday. By the way where’s Tina?”

“Am upstairs” I said then realize that they found out I was eavesdropping.

“Hurry and come downstairs cause am ready to go now” Bonnie said

I quickly took up my purse, flip my long honey brown curls to make it bounce then ask the maid to save the food for later. Three of us piled outside and went into Bonnie’s sleek red Cadillac convertible. As expected Justine was jittery and Bonnie seemed excited. Me? I was the opposite; nervous and insecure about how the night would end up. Because the spirits seemed provoked.

“Dreamweekend here we come!” Justine yelled with her hands in the air as the vehicle drove off.