Untitled Part 1

A hooded figure stood at the edge of a stream. They faced the running water as it coursed and carved its way through the cursed woods and land of Forelock. They watched from a shadow of a large tree; the shadows on the ground seemed to be drawn to the individual, swirled and danced to them and seemed to gather at the beings feet. The whole air about this person seemed thick with shadow and darkness... anyone would be able to recognize them from this feature.

The figure raised a cloaked arm, the sleeve fell back; a pale arm was exposed and pushed the hood down of the cloak. The young woman stared at the icy water. The look upon her face suggested she was waiting for something... and her eyes never left the water. Her breathing slowly escaped her nose; her chest rising and falling gently. After a few moments, a large, hand-crafted wooden box floated down the river. She reached out with her arm, the shadows stretching and forming with her. Her thin, pale fingers wrapped around the box and pulled it aside. From within the cloak, she pulled out a piece of metal, held it at the end and flung it open as a fan. What looked to be expertly, she opened the wooden box that was lined beautifully with deep purple velvet. Her fingers ignored the velvet and went straight for the weapon. She closed the box back up with one hand and the other help the duo-bladed staff. Easily, she put it onto her back and tied it around herself with the red-leather straps. Once more, she glanced around the area, and then let the box float downstream once more.

Her dark-purple eyes observed one last time and her pale fingers pulled the hood back up. Once more, she began a brisk walk into the forest. As she walked, the shadows briefly dragged with her, stretched out as she walked, then returned to normal; as though she were walking through water. From a far a man stood in front of her. He was a tall figure standing at roughly about 6'5", no taller perhaps shorter. He was an attractive man, perhaps mid-twenties maybe a little older. His face carried a serious dedicated look, as his intense dark eyes peered onto the hooded woman as though attempting to disrobe her for the time being, not sexually of course only attempting to figure out who was the cloaked figure.

The man neared her, as he kept his hand gently on the hilt of his sword. His long hair blew to the left, due to the gentle breeze that brushed through the horrid looking forest, and soon a butter smooth voice parted his light pink lips and he began to speak:

"Princess, you know your father doesn't desire you to leave the castle walls, did you not remember?"

His dark armor sparkled under the small god ray that poked its way through the trees, and reflected against the kingdoms emblem which was a dragon, a gold dragon. He continued forward as he continued to speak, only getting closer as he did so.

"You know these woods are dangerous, the dead resides within the dirt and can strike at any moment, along with beasts that can rip off the very meat off your bones"

The Princess looked at him with hard eyes and lightly shook her head. Ignoring his suggestions, she kept walking on.

"The dead in these woods fear what I can, and have, done to them, Sir Edwin."

Her cool voice gently snapped. Her eyes looked around him once more.

"How did you manage to find me this time? It really is getting really old, really fast. I made sure no one knew I left- no servant saw me, I left no trace."

She walked up to him, circled around him and sighed heavily. Her fingers gently played with the metallic blades of the folded fan. Gently, she began to suck on her teeth, than popped her lips.  

"Have you been watching me, more than what my father has asked?"

She asked, her voice had a touch of amusement to it; as though she were mocking him and how he knew she was there. She closed her eyes, stopped in front of him and reopened her eyes. She stared at the ground and watched the shadows migrate toward her. A small smirk played her lips as she watched his shadow bend around to mingle with hers. Slowly, she raised her head to look at him and gently bit her lip with her fang. Slowly, her lip rolled out from under the fang and she looked him in the eyes.