Casual Hang Out

This fic randomly popped in my head while replaying Cave Story on one of it's challenges, Nemesis Challenge. (Btw, nice level design except that it sometimes is noticeable Pixel didn't made them due to the use of the tileset. (For your information, he made Wind Fortress.))So this happens in an Au where Ruby and Yang didn't grew up to be huntresses and instead decide to continue living normally while they're dad, Taiying continues to do his bounty job with Qrow.

In a cold night of Winter, somewhere around in the kingdom of Vale.

A young teenager was playing on her video game console, lenght on her bed as she focused the best she could on her game. She was playing a little side scroller platform game with a robot that has a lot of guns. "Mmmh...Come on... Aw! Come on!" She screamed out as her character fell off and were never seen again.

This girl name is Ruby Rose, she recently turned sixteen years old over the span of october. she sighed as she pressed "Yes" to continue, none the less, her last run had a pretty good time. Wearing her pajamas, she shuffled around in the bed, landing on her back as she holded the console over her, the sooth music flowed in the room as the sound of jump, shoot and squeaks could be heard.

"Yes. I'm almost there!" Ruby talked to herself, as she carefully jumped over the spikes and hovered up to the final platform, "Yea-!" suddenly Ruby notices the single spike, that is stucked to the celling of the tight, harsh corridor.

...

The room was silent for a moment as Ruby realized her terrible fate has been sealed, due to one mishup that is going to ruin everything.

"Nooooooo!" she could only yelp, as she saw her character explode at the touch of the said spike.

"Nooooooo!" could be heard downstairs, as a girl with blond hair was cleaning what was left of the dishes of tonight.

The girl gazed at the celling, before smiling and going back to her cleaning.

This girl name was Yang Xiao Long, a eighteen year old teenager and the sister of Ruby Rose. She could hear her numbreous yelps of her sister through the roof, 'Heh...Cute.' she thought as she came to the last plate of the bunch, carefully tidying them, back to their slots.

Suddenly, she could hear footsteps from the roof, descending through the stairs.

Ruby busted into the kitchen, with a panicked expression Yang observed. She looked over to her sister rushing to the living room, she soon followed, throwing the towel in her hands behind her. She ended up on Ruby sliding her game console onto it's pedestal, as she regained her breath and sighed "Phew...".

"Well, guess someone was having a meltdown back there." Yang winked as she got her own pun, Ruby looked at her confused for a sec, before understanding what it meant. "Oooh, pff, it wasn't even funny Yang.", Yang busted into laughter as she looked at her sister's pissed expression. A little moment of silence passed before Yang spoke up again.

"Sooo, what's up?" Yang broke the silence while Ruby was observing the console charging, "My console almost ran out of battery." Ruby replied, as she took the side controllers. "Aand?" Yang teased about, knowing that her sister probably didn't make it, "...And I didn't pass the challenge." Ruby admitted in defeat. "Aaww, don't worry sis. Big sis Yang, is gonna help you!" Yang screamed in rejoice, laying her arms and tightening her grip around Ruby. Almost choking her, she holded Ruby in her arms and started carrying her, bridal style as she sitted back onto a single person couch.

"Yang, here's the controller." Ruby lended her controller to Yang, while sitted on her lap. Yang got a hold of the controller and looked over to the game her sister was playing, "Cave Story huh? Looks nice! The background is pretty~."