Two Years Ago..

Before:

All of a sudden, the sky went dark, our class screamed. Of course we would, a group of 10 year olds would be terrified, but we had no idea what was really happening. We were afraid of an invisible enemy, not knowing it would change us. 

"Everyone, stay in the corner!" Our teacher shouted, poking her head outside the door to see what was happening. I was crying, clinging onto Emilie for dear life. 

"Are we going to die?" A student behind me asked, causing a huge panic

"We won't." She said said, her tone not very convincing. People were saying last goodbyes, telling the people who they loved that they loved them. Luckily, I didn't have anyone I loved. Boys weren't important, at least I thought so. 

"Goodbye, Emilie." I whispered, we hugged each other tighter 

"Hmm, I think I'll get rid of a couple of people here." A loud, booming voice echoed. It sounded crisp and clear in my ear, like it was right next to me. I turned around. No one was there, no one that could be that loud. 

I wonder what the afterlife will be like.. One side of my brain echoed, I tried fighting back my scared and terrified thoughts but they rushed through my head like a waterfall, non-stop and charging through with no mercy. 

It looked like a plague was spreading across the room, everything was turning to a drawing. Everything it touched, everything I could see. I realised, it was coming for us. 

I screamed when our teacher touched it, she slowly turned to a drawing and slowly disappeared  

"Don't let it touch you!" She shouted, before disappearing right before our eyes. I looked over at the boys, all huddled in a corner and cowering. In the middle was the smartest boy of the team, which was saying something. 

Me and Emilie closed our eyes, we were the closest to the drawings. It touched Emilie first, I felt her touch go away from me and I collapsed on the floor without her support. 

"Emilie!" I cried, looking around. I stood up and ran to the sink area and climbed into the sink, I was small but barely fit in our year 5 sized sinks. 

Where is Mum? Where is Dad? Where is Via? Are they safe? Will I see them again- of course you will, they'll find a way. I thought frantically.

I closed my eyes tight, trying to stop my tears and trying not to see everyone else disappear.. 

Childhood trauma! Yayyy..