I Did Something Bad

A Kaylor interpretation.

Lyrics

I never trust a narcissist
But they love me
So I play 'em like a violin
And I make it look oh so easy
'Cause for every lie I tell them
They tell me three
This is how the world works
Now all he thinks about is me

I can feel the flames on my skin
Crimson red paint on my lips
If a man talks shit, then I owe him nothing
I don't regret it one bit, 'cause he had it coming

They say I did something bad
Then why's it feel so good?
They say I did something bad
But why's it feel so good?
Most fun I ever had
And I'd do it over and over and over again if I could
It just felt so good, good

I never trust a playboy
But they love me
So I fly him all around the world
And I let them think they saved me
They never see it comin'
What I do next
This is how the world works
You gotta leave before you get left

I can feel the flames on my skin
He says, "Don't throw away a good thing"
But if he drops my name, then I owe him nothin'
And if he spends my change, then he had it comin'

They say I did something bad
Then why's it feel so good?
They say I did something bad
But why's it feel so good?
Most fun I ever had
And I'd do it over and over and over again if I could
It just felt so good, good

They're burning all the witches, even if you aren't one
They got their pitchforks and proof
Their receipts and reasons
They're burning all the witches, even if you aren't one
So light me up (light me up), light me up (light me up)
Light me up, go ahead and light me up (light me up)
Light me up (light me up), light me up (light me up)

They say I did something bad
Then why's it feel so good?
They say I did something bad
But why's it feel so good?
Most fun I ever had
And I'd do it over and over and over again if I could
It just felt so good, good

Oh, you say I did something bad
Then why's it feel so good, good?
So bad, why's it feel so good?
Why's it feel, why's it feel so good? (Bad)
It just felt so good, good

Music Video

It opens on Taylor and Karlie sitting close on a couch, looking at a scrapbook of generic white guys with descriptions under them that sort of fit past boyfriends: "Bro Band" "Actor with Abs" "Bad Boy" "Sweetheart" "Political Prince" "Boy Band" "Disc Jockey" "Serious Thespian"

Flash to her walking a red carpet alone, looking across the way at "Disc Jockey" who looks like he's full of himself (I never trust a narcissist, but they love me)

She walks up to him and makes a show of hugging him and holding his hand (so I play 'em like a violin, and I make it look oh so easy)

They're posing together now, she mouths 'I love you' but he's looking at the ass of another girl down the carpet. ('cause for every lie I tell them, they tell me three)

They're fighting, she walks off with "Serious Thespian" while "Disc Jockey" looks on, then looks in his phone at the pap photos they literally just took (This is how the world works, now all he thinks about is me)

Flash to a dressing room where Tree (or a lookalike...definitely long red hair) is pointing out some less than favorable quotes by "Taylor Swift ex-boyfriend" and some ugly tweets (I can feel the flames on my skin). She nods, but also keeps putting on her lipstick for the performance she's about to do and checking her texts from 'bae ❤️'. (Crimson red paint on my lips) Tree keeps yelling at her like what he said was her fault. She yells back "If a man talks SHIT then I owe him nothing." Looks at the camera to say "I don't regret it one bit 'cause he had it coming."

For the first chorus, she's on stage, but it's backlit so you can't see exactly what she's wearing. She is flanked by four or six female dancers. They do sexy choreography. Lots of stomping involved. Very powerful.

Now she and "Serious Thespian" are on a private jet, drinking champagne. They don't seem coupley. (I never trust a playboy, but they love me.)
The plane lands, he gathers his stuff to disembark. (So I fly 'em all around the world, and I let them think they saved me.)

He gets off the plane, then turns back to help her down the steps like the gentleman he is. (They never see it comin' what I do next).

She stays at the top of the steps and waves as an airplane attendant begins closing the door. (This is how the world works, you gotta leave before you get left.)

She is facetiming Karlie from the plane when a text comes in. It reads "Don't throw away a good thing" from "Serious Thespian." (I can feel the flames on my skin, he says don't throw away a good thing.)

She continues her call as her phone screen reveals a bunch of messages saying things like "He's still talking about you." "Name dropping much?" "OMG, did you really fly him home on your jet?" (But if he drops my name then I owe him nothing, and if he spends my change then he had it coming.)

Second chorus is the same stage performance as the first but the lights fade up and you can see her outfit is sparkly and black. Same choreography.

Flash back to Taylor and Karlie on the couch. The walls pull away like it's a set but instead it puts that couch outside in a park where Taylor is being dragged away from Karlie through an angry mob of anti-gay protesters and anti feminist protesters a la Westboro Baptist Church. They put her in a room and show her photos and headlines from Kissgate. (They're burning all the witches, even if you aren't one. They got their pitchforks and proof, their receipts and reasons)

Flash to her tied to a stake standing atop a mountain of firewood - the visual echoes Taylor-mountain from LWYMMD. She's dressed in the black sparkle dress from the performance. A sign around her neck says 'lesbian.' Zoom out and there are two other women also being burned at the stake. They have signs that say 'feminist' and 'democrat.' They look a lot like Taylor. All three are strong and defiant demanding they 'light me up.' The protesters are all yelling and jeering and holding up posters.

So light me up (light me up), light me up (light me up)
Light me up, go ahead and light me up (light me up)
Light me up (light me up), light me up (light me up)
Light me up (light me up), light me up (light me up)) As we get to the end of the 'light me up's one of the protesters lights the wood at her feet. There's a woosh and a burst of flame.

Third chorus. We're back on stage but now her dress is rainbow. Same choreography. Performance ends. Applause and cheers erupt. For the first time we see the audience at this awards show. Front row are Taylor's family and Karlie. The rows behind them have all her real friends: Abi and Todrick and Ed and everyone. Karlie rushes the stage to hug her in a way that's reminiscent of the end of VSFS14 only it ends like that one should have - with a kiss