Dear Wish Tree

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

In a beautiful park, there is a tree standing sturdy in the middle of a small lake. People often come to make a wish by throwing a coin. They believe that if a coin reaches the tree and does not sink into the lake, the wish tree will grant your wish.

❀Summer, 2020 ~ The Wish Tree Girl

Just like the others, a young girl comes here to make a wish. She holds a coin in her palm, closes her eyes, and starts spelling her wish,

"Dear wish tree, please bring him home..."

then she throws her coin as far as she can. Luckily her coin reaches the wish tree and it makes her smiles happily because it might be a sign that her wish will come true.

After succesfully making a wish, she sits at nearby bench, waiting, hoping, that the wish tree might grant her wish today. There she sits patiently until sunset, but sadly, nothing special happened. As the sky getting dark, she gets up then leaves the park.

"Dear wish tree, even if it is not today, please bring him home tomorrow... "

~

The next day and the days after, she comes here again and again : makes a wish, sits at the same bench until sunset, then leaves.

A week passed, then a month, then a whole season passed. Almost everyday she comes here every late afternoon. People start recognizing her daily presence and start talking about her, they called her the wish tree girl.

~

❀Autumn, 2020 ~ Lucien

The rumor about the wish tree girl reaches a famous neuroscientist. He is interested and decides to visit her. Arrives there, he curiously studying the girl then approaches her.

Lucien : "good afternoon Miss, "

MC : "good afternoon Sir. "

Lucien : "may I sit here? near you? "

MC : "of course... "

Lucien : "lately, I often see you here. do you like this place that much? "

MC : "yes, feels nice to be here... "

Lucien : "and I see you always make a wish. did your coins reach the tree? "

MC : "most of them, yes... "

Lucien : "then did your wish come true? "

MC : "not yet Sir... "

Lucien : "oowh, sorry. so, why do you keep making a wish? you still believe in its legends? "

MC : "I don't know Sir, maybe it is just my faith forces me to do so, or, I don't know what to do anymore. I'm waiting for someone, and while waiting for him, making a wish might help to make him comes to me sooner. just maybe... "