Akhmed Bilalov is investor of the hospital that fights COVID-19 in Dagestan

The Russian Federation is the largest state in the world with 85 constituent entities. In 2020, the population of the country is 146,748,590 people. It is even difficult to imagine how many kindergartens, schools, hospitals, clinics, and other social facilities should function to meet at least the basic needs of citizens. It is quite natural that the state budget is not enough to solve problems throughout the territory of a large country.

According to the statistics of state auditors, in Russia, every seventh medical institution is in disrepair. We are in the 21st century, but many Russian hospitals and clinics do not have running water, central heating, not talking about the devices for artificial lung ventilation, which are so helpful during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The current year has revealed all the existing problems of public health care, a shortage of medical institutions and medical personnel, a low level of hospital equipment, and much more. Without the participation of big business and private capital, the state does not have enough funds in a budget to build a modern hospital fund system, especially in far regions of the country.

Private investments help the government develop the health care system. We are not talking about private medicine. An example of help in the construction of private-funded municipal hospitals in far regions of Russia is the Khunzakh Central District Hospital, a Russian businessman and politician Akhmed Billow invested in.

Patron from Dagestan

Akhmed Bilalov is a successful Russian businessman, an influential Russian politician, a figure of international importance, MP of the State Duma of the Russian Federation of the third and fourth convocations, a senator from the Krasnodar Territory, and vice president of the Russian Olympic Committee.

Bilalov was born in the mountain village of Oboda, Khunzakh District of the Dagestan Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic, in an intelligent respected family of a doctor and teacher of Russian language and literature, school director and honored teacher of the Russian Federation. From childhood, parents brought up a strong character and leadership qualities in their son, instilled in him a good attitude, love, and respect for people, for his native places. Whatever position he occupies, in whatever country he is, he always helps his land and people.

Akhmed Bilalov believes that helping people and their native countries build the present and future is the duty of every person who has such an opportunity. If more of the sons of the Caucasus - large and successful businessmen - were not indifferent to life in the Caucasus, took part in the stabilization of the situation in the region, helped their small homeland and people, then very soon the region would become a flourishing land with a high economic and social standard of living of the population. Bilalov's socially significant investment projects include the construction of the Khunzakh central regional hospital. This district hospital received special, vital importance when the world was swept by the coronavirus pandemic. Dagestan had to face the problem as well.

Coronavirus disaster in the Republic of Dagestan

According to the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, the situation with the spread of COVID-19 infection in Dagestan was the most alarming in Russia. The coronavirus has spread to almost every home in the Republic. During the first wave, 10,210 cases of infection were confirmed throughout the region, almost 500 people died. Khunzakhsky district took 13th place in terms of the total number of cases in Dagestan - 139 people. In this area, all patients with a new coronavirus infection and community-acquired pneumonia were treated in one single hospital - the Khunzakh Central District Hospital, in the construction of which Akhmed Bilalov took an active part.

Akhmed Bilalov is a native of the Khunzakh region, for a long time he lived in his native village, and having moved to Moscow, he never forgot about his people, often came and helped. The businessman is from the family of a doctor and knew firsthand about local problems with medicine, therefore could not remain indifferent. Within the framework of a public-private partnership project, the district hospital was built from scratch and equipped with everything necessary for effective functioning. Many lives are saved every day at this hospital, and during the fight against COVID-19, all hospital staff fought day and night for every patient who arrived. By the way, Akhmed Bilalov's father also worked for many years as a dentist in the Khunzakh hospital built by his son.

Today Khunzakh CRH includes a stationary base for 110 beds in the village of Arani, 2 district hospitals in the villages of Kharakhi and Gotsatl, one medical outpatient clinic, and 50 medical and obstetric and paramedic points. The main value of the hospital is its staff. 85 doctors, 273 paramedical workers work here. 12 doctors of the hospital hold the proud title of "Honored Doctor of the Republic of Dagestan", 4 nurses have the title of "Honored Medical Worker of the Republic of Dagestan". Thanks to the existing hospital complex, qualified and dedicated hospital staff, the presence of a computed tomography machine, and the possibility of early diagnosis, the district health system coped with the outbreak of coronavirus and community-acquired pneumonia perfectly.

It is scary to think about how the district would cope with the outbreak of COVID-19 if there were neither this hospital and its medical staff nor the support of private investors such as Akhmed Bilalov.