Felicity

FELICITY
Normally when the phones rings in the middle of the night, you'd jumps out of bed and considers the worst. Not Felicity. She had become accustomed to the late night calls, and there was no need to think the worst because she knew already that it was the worst. Her once beloved and trusted friend, had once again, in a fit of drunken accidental rage, killed someone.

Felicity considered falling back asleep and just letting it ring. Maybe this time he would hang up, and in desperation turn himself in.
A pregnant pause, filled her with hope.
But, the ringing began once more. Reaching for her phone, she fumbled it to her ear and smushed the talk button with her thumb
"Where are you?" She asked lazily.
"The corner of fifth and main, in the alley." The voice said shakily.
Felicity sat up, and rubbed her eyes.
"I'll be right there." She said, hanging up the phone.
Disgusted with herself, she reached down for her boots, and pulled them on hastily. She walked towards the door, not bothering with a jacket, and grabbed her keys. There was no need to grab supplies, everything she needed was already hidden in the back of her trunk.

***

When Felicity arrived, she flashed her lights, then killed the engine. A figure walked towards her as she got out of the car. He was slightly hunched over, probably from the exorbitant amount of alcohol he consumed, and she could already smell the metallic stench of blood drenching off of him.
"John" she said, barley making eye contact.
Leading him to the back of the car, she popped the trunk and pulled out a bag. she handed it to him. Swiftly he grabbed it and headed out of sight.
Next she grabbed a rubbermaid filled with cleaning supplies. She hauled it over her shoulder and carried it down the alley.
She set it down next to the body and began rifling through it.
John appeared beside her moments later. He was now dressed head to toe in clean clothes, his filthy, blood stained clothes were buried in the bag. He almost looked innocent, but he still slightly swaid from the alcohol.
Ignoring the stench, Felicity grabbed a pair of surgical gloves and snapped them on. She handed John a pair and he followed in suit.
Together they began what was almost like a performance, they had carefully perfected each move and cleaned up just enough to make it appear as if they had never been there. As far as anybody was concerned this was a terrible accident.

***

When they finished, Felicity did what she'd always done. She forced herself to look at the body and say a prayer.
John knew she did this each time, he never interrupted or mocked her, he waited patiently. This was how she coped, this was how she woke up the next morning and pretended nothing had happened.
When she finished, she joined John in the car and drove into the night.