"no, you can't leave, we were supposed to be forever."

backstory- best friends turned lovers have a big fight, the girl (with emotional trauma) tries to leave
⚠️warning⚠️ aggression and minor assault

"i don't like you wearing that outfit you know that." she flinched, not seeing him walk in.

"i'm going out with the girls," she backs away from the mirror coming closer to him. "nothing to worry about." she reached up, lightly touched his jawline, sending shivers down his body.

he sighs, melting at her touch. "yeah, yeah, go have fun, dance on table tops." he pinched her cheek, and wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

he has always been the suave one, how could anyone resist him. she averted her eyes to her phone, the girls were blowing up the group chat about their plans.

bunny🌸
we are finding hot guys tonight, other than you jessie aha

she chuckles, typing a quick response and waiting for them to arrive. she hadn't gotten her drivers license yet, so they were coming to pick her up from his house.

the car pulled up, honking, signaling for the girl to leave. she glances up at her lovely boyfriend.

"gotta go, babe" she pulled his head down to her and gave him a peck, teasing him effectively. he scoffs sarcastically and pulls her in for a real kiss, earning cheers from the girls in the car.

he holds on to her like his life depends on it, two pieces of a puzzle. joined at last, they were one. she holds on to him like a life line.

the honking of the car once again pulls them away from each other. she beams her wide smile at him and walked carefully to the car, trying not to trip in her tall heels.

they drive off as he waves from the door, heading back inside.

~~~

she drags one of her friends to say hi to a guy, they had been at the house party for a while now. the friend smiles gratefully, still blushing while trying to talk to the guy.

jessie walks back to the couch she had made camp at and watches everyone dancing and talking. she has always loved people watching, something about how people interact with one another really intrigued her.

"you not much of a party person?" an all too familiar voice had started to speak from a distance. she sighed, knowing exactly who it was.

"go away jake" she said through gritted teeth, not wanting to get mad at a party.

"hey, woah, chill out i was just trying to have some friendly conversation" he backs up and mocks being nice.

"yes of course, because you can have a friendly conversation withou-"

he cut her off by smashing his lips on hers, gaining attention of the crowd.

she struggles to move, being held captive by his arms. this wasn't the sweet heartfelt kiss she knew by her lover. it was harsh, rushed and sloppy. just how she remembered him.

"what the hell was that about?" she wipes her lips, smearing some lipstick onto her hand. tears started to prick at the corner of her eyes, she swallowed harshly.

"what? just wanted to remind you of the good days" that's when she realized that he had too much to drink, not that it changed the fact that what he did was wrong.

"i'm getting out of here."

~~~

the uber ride back was silent, her mind wandered to how might her lovely boyfriend react to another man harassing her.

she arrived back home, sweating from .. guilt maybe, no that can't be, she had nothing to feel guilty of. yet her mind deceived her.

"what is this" that's what the first thing she heard when she got inside his house.

"no hey honey why are you back so early, or-"

he grabbed her, shoving her backwards, "don't joke around with me you know what you did"

her eyes grew wide, how did he know. still at that, why is he blaming her.

he shoved the video of her ex from freshman year shoving his tongue down her throat. she looked paralyzed in fear.

"can you explain that? you know what no, don't even try"

"so you don't even want to hear what happened? god men are so ignorant"

"oh i'm ignorant because i don't want to hear the details of how my girlfriend cheated on me, oh my bad, how was it? was he good?"

he backed her into a corner, she coward in fear as he increasingly got louder each word he spat at her.

"i'm leaving" she blinked away tears trying to form.

"you're kidding"

she grabbed her bag, "i have a test tomorrow"

"you can't just leave"

"yea i think i just did," she said before trying to shut the door. he threw his hand to stop it, then grabbed her shoulder.

"andrew." she growled at him.

"no, you can't leave we are supposed to be forever"

she stares at him dead in the eyes, tears already streaming down her face. she grabbed his face and pulled him closer, til they were inches apart. her hand slipped into his and she whispered,

"nothing is forever sweetheart"

with that she backed away from him, leaving him in the night. leaving him alone to decipher what happened.

he messed up, he messed up bad.

interpret this how you want to :)