Chapter 36: So different! So dangerous!

Silence!

Absolute silence!

Everyone in the Maheshwari mansion has come to a standstill, shock clearly evident on their faces, as a gorgeous girl lands in Sanskaar’s arms. And that’s the reason no one has, actually, seen Durga Prasad and Annapurna whispering to each other, neither do they notice the way he holds his wife back from helping his son. He, obviously, does not want the major part of his plan to get ruined.

Meanwhile, all that Swara sees is6 Sanskaar’s face too close to that girl to her liking, her hands resting on his arms and his arms seeking around her waist. A single movement and they may, quite possibly, do the unforgivable. Oh. My. God! Why aren’t they getting up? Only she knows how much she yearns to slap their hands off each other and tear them apart. But can she do that? Um… she does not know herself!

Ouch!

Sanskaar’s grunt, as the pain shoots up, breaks everyone’s stance and Laksh has been the first one to reach out to him. Meanwhile, the girl slowly lifts up her head muttering innumerous apologies as her eyes meet Sanskaar’s. Noticing her eyes all filled with nothing but guilt, Sanskaar closes his eyes holding his forehead. What is he supposed to do? He is absolutely clueless when it comes to girls!

Laksh: B-Bhai! Are you alright?

Sanskaar: Does it look like that I am?

The irked expression on Sanskaar’s face almost has Laksh chuckle but the way his brother has been grumping, he realizes that laughing at his distress not a very safe act at the very moment. He, obviously, does not want himself getting beaten up by his brother early in the morning, that too in front of such a beautiful guest! Turning towards the girl, he has apparently never seen before, Laksh gives his best smile, making Ragini raise her eyebrow at him.

Laksh: Hello, gorgeous! May I know your name, please?

And instead of replying, she gives a hearty laugh shaking her head as she looks to and fro from Sanskaar to Laksh. “I’m pretty sure that you are Laksh. Right, Lucky?”

That, instantly, takes Laksh by surprise. Not only she knows his name but has called him by the name only his close ones know about. But he doesn’t seem to know her nor does he even remember seeing her ever before.

Laksh: Am I supposed to know you?

That one statement earns him a playful slap on his arms and the next moment Ragini steps next to him as she glares at their ‘so-called’ guest. But too much to her shock, she is ignored the way she has never been before, as their guest has her complete concentration on her husband, and the case with her husband seems very much the same. Is she allowed to strangle him? She so wishes to!

“My God! I don’t believe that you forgot me. I am Anshika,” their guest introduces herself and Laksh’s eyes widen with surprise and following the surprise, a huge smile breaks on his face.

Laksh: An-Anshika? That chubby Anshika!

And she nods her head vigorously in agreement with a huge smile on her face as well, very much mirroring the Laksh’s smile. The next instant, to everyone’s surprise and piquing Ragini’s displeasure on a whole new level, Laksh throws his arms around her wrapping her in a tight bear hug.

Laksh: (pulling away) Oh my God! I don’t believe this. Where have you been and… when did you become so hot?

Excuse me! Ragini gets all furious and before anyone understands what has happened Laksh gets awarded with a whack… a really hard whack. He almost stumbles backwards holding his stomach as he gives his wife a disbelieving look, who in turn looks like nothing but the most innocent being ever to grace the humanity.