Prologue

Have you ever felt so scared in your life that you could feel your heart stop? Have you ever held your breath for so long that your heartbeat was louder than the footsteps surrounding you? This is no game, this isn't even life. No one knows what this is, but we do know we cannot survive here on our own.

As the footsteps creep closer to my hiding place--I place my hands over my mouth and nose to hide my breathing. My eyes widen as I see the dirtied white shoes of a man that was once human. He hums joyfully and slowly almost like a sinister lullaby. 

"Where are you hiding, Max?" His voices echoes through the empty room of white tiles and bloodied floor from my fallen friends. "Come out, come out where ever you are~!" He cooed sickeningly. I wasn't sure what would come out first. My terrified voice, the blood dripping from my open wound in my arm, or the tears streaming down my face from pain and complete and utter dismay?

His footsteps stop in front of me. I can see his pale legs in the darkness. He stands there for only a moment before leaving the area. I wait until I no longer hear his footsteps. Releasing my mouth I exhale a heavy and relieved sigh. I stand up from inside a small empty stall in one of the various restrooms that surround this place. As I reach for the door I hear a loud and sudden thud next to me.

My body freezes, unable to move. I could hear slithering behind me and a hiss of warm breath bracing my neck. "There you are." Darkness consumes me, the last thing I saw were the deep blue eyes of a monster before entering the unknown.