prologue

-- 00 --

" it was the dawn,
         where our story hides . . "

3:00 am. The serenity of the road was so beautiful. Streetlights as the hero of the midnight, the purplish sky, the gentle wind touching my bare shoulder . . Singing birds making an enchanting rhythm along with the dancing trees, performing as if they were the stars of the night. And the murmuring waves of the ocean, inviting me to come and sing along. Everything was so marvelous. Its like, I'm living in glee with Mr. Nature.

Lift you head,

Baby don't be scared,

Of the things that could go wrong along the way . .

Ngumiti ako, dinama ang kanta . . the song was so relaxing, isn't it? The rhythm, melody, tone were so calm. And the lyrics are so hermoso, beautiful and meaningful. Lift your head, don't be afraid . . of the obstacles you'll face along the way youre passing. Life was never easy, and you were an explorer of it.

You'll get by with a smile

You can't win at everything but you can try

That's right. Just smile . . and try. Smile and try, again and again. Life is a game, and you are one of those challengers.

3:35 am. I stepped on the brake and stopped the car. I'm here, I smiled. Hinubad ko ang sandals ko at itinabi sa loob ng kotse. I was wearing a white summer dress, and just that. Bumaba ako sa kotse at parang batang patakbong sinalubong ang dagat.

The cold breeze of air welcomed me with warm kisses through every bit of my skin, the waves pushed as if they were all greeting me. And when my bared feet felt the roughness of the sand, nostalgia embraces me . . tight.

Baby, you don't have to worry

Cause there ain't no need to hurry

No one ever said that there's an easy way,

When they're closing all their doors

They don't want you anymore

This sounds funny but I'll say it anyway . .

The smiles,

The promises,

The laughters,

The sea,

The dance,

The familiar excitement,

The tears,

Him.

I smiled, and cried . . hard.

4:00 am. It was the most special moment. The sun rose and smiled to the whole world. Giving new hope, another day, light, and comfort. The purplish sky blended to yellow and orange, making a magnificent view to looked up to. I can't help but to admire.

'The dawn . . was always been my favorite comfortzone.'

Marahan kong pinunasan ang luha ko at humakbang. Hakbang . . hakbang . . hakbang. Hanggang sa naramdaman ko nalang ang paghalik ng tubig-dagat sa paa ko. My eyes watered again as the warm memories flushed at me like a drum full of unwanted diaries of pains, heartbreaks, and tears from the past. I cried in grief.

Cause in a world where everybody hates a happy ending story,

Its a wonder love can make the world go round,

But don't let it bring you down

And turn your face into a frown

You'll get along with a little prayer and a song . .

Life was indeed a tough journey. A sacrificial, and unexpected one. Life was never easy. Life was never fair. Life was never a dream-like paradise you dreamt of. It was full of disappointments, treachery, mystery, difficulties, sacrifices, sweats, and unfairness. But those things never tells you to give up, rather, they are goals for you to aim higher. You are born to be an explorer of the world afterall, keep that in mind. And always remember that those who were hurt the most, are those who'll have the sweetest finale for their happy ending.

And I am one of those.

Past was maybe cruel, but Present proved that everything is worth it.

After the rain, there was a rainbow.

After the day, there was another day.

After the moon, there was a sun.

After the tears, there was a smile.

After the down, there was a dawn.

Lift your head, baby, don't be scared

Of the things that could go wrong along the way

You'll get by with a smile

Now its time to kiss away those tears goodbye . .

Yinakap ko ang sarili ko gamit ang dalawa kong braso, iminulat ang mga mata, at hinarap ang bukang-liwayway. I even chuckled at the thought of my dress flying through the air. For the third time, I stared again at the beautiful dawn shining in my very front . .

And for the last time, I reminisce everything . . everything from the past that made me who I am today. Our happy and sad story who've never been told to anyone. Our untold story behind the dawn . .

" it was the dawn,
         where our story hides . . "

end of prologue