Chapter 01

Tremors shook the teen’s body as she curled tighter into her fetal position. Her dark hair was splayed across the floor knotted and greasy, making her unkempt appearance more evident. Her breathing was uneven as she gasped for air. The girl’s hands clutched her dark locks frantically as her fingernails dug themselves into her scalp. 

Her cell door slammed open, causing the small girl to jerk up and look around the drab room. Her eyes darted wildly to the tall man who filled the doorway. 

“Let’s go girl.” The sound of his gruff voice caused a shudder of fear to run through her. She shook her head violently, her eyes wide. 

“I said let’s go!” He yelled, a growl coming loose when she did not comply. He stomped over to her and roughly grabbed her shoulder, yanking her up. 

She whimpered in pain and fear as he dragged her out of the room. 

"The man walks swiftly, but stopped when the small girl let out a whimper a pain. He glared down her as she lagged behind. With a shake of his head, he continued to his destination. Ignoring how her pain increased as his hand quickly found purchase in her hair. 

They walked along a clean white corridor, her eyes darted to the shiny floors and to the sparkly walls. She had never seen something so clean, since they so rarely let her out of her cell. 

Her body was jerked as the man turned left and calmly walked into a pristine room. The walls were a clean white and the sparkling floors were the same. A large desk sat in the middle of the room and what looked like a dentist’s chair to the left. The brunette knew it wasn’t a dentist’s chair though… 

Restraints lay limply to the side of it. She cringed at the sight of them.  

“Set her down there.” An older man with white hair and pale wrinkled skin nodded towards the metal chair after throwing a look of disdain at her. 

The man tossed her into the chair and with a dangerous gleam in his eyes as he tightened the restraints. Her wrists and ankles bruised as he pulled harder, smiling when she let a small tear escape. 

“As you may know, I am the Doctor. This is Felix.” The Doctor said pointing to himself then to the man who she now knew as Felix. 

She glanced at Felix, running her eyes over his dark eyes and cornstarch colored hair. She shook as he gave a smirk. 

“And you are Arabella Grey Mason.” The Doctor continued and laughed maniacally, causing her to shrink away in fright. “Don’t be scared little one.” He cupped her cheek, “This won’t hurt much.” He then pulled away and grabbed the needle residing on the metal tray next to him. 

“This might increase your powers a bit. So don’t be scared.” He grinned madly and shoved the needle into the crook of her bruised arm. 

She shrieked as the needle penetrated her skin, but then gradually got louder as the liquid coursed through her blood. Pain like a blazing fire tore through her, she couldn’t focus, she couldn’t control it… 

She screamed as a sharp stab of pain shot through her, and a metal pencil holder on the desk flew through the air; slamming against the wall. The doctor’s eyes widened as he witnessed a new development. 

“Felix! Bring me my research!” He snapped, not moving his eyes from the girl’s form. Once he had the papers, he scribbled words down frantically. This went on for several minutes, Arabella’s screams still echoing through the room. Her pained screams turned to gasps for breath. She slumped against the cool metal chair, wanting to curl into herself. 

The doctor laughed as he reviewed his notes. “That was marvelous! Well done. It went better than I expected.” He started muttering to himself, his mind a whirl of new ideas. 

“What did you do to me?”  Was Arabella’s shaky question, her pale body quivering from the aftereffects. 

“That’s none of your business.” He glared, she cringed and regretted asking. 

The white haired man sighed; and gestured with his hand, “Take her, I’ve enough.”  

Silently Felix walked over to her; and without saying a word, he undid her restraints. She sagged in relief and let out a sigh. 

Felix’s voice came from somewhere, but she didn’t hear it as she slowly drooped in and out of consciousness. She could feel him lug her up and over his shoulder and drop her into her cell. 

“Good Night.” He grinned and waved mockingly as she pushed herself against the wall, struggling to keep her eyes open. Felix slammed the door making the walls shake slightly. 

The small girl heard voices yelling; but thought nothing of it as she drifted out of consciousness, her head lolling against the dirty wall. 

~~~

On the other side of the building was a tall teenager struggling in his captors arms. Xavier had been here before and there was no way he was going to stay this time. He would find a way out. 

The man holding him elbowed him in the chest causing Xavier to gasp for air. While the teenager was sputtering for breath, the guard shoved him into the room and slammed the door. 

Xavier looked around the room with grim expression, a hint of fear snaking through. 

He would get out, even if it killed him.