News Flash (MinKey) One shot

The red carpet was alive with action. Journalists and reporters alike were lined up along the ropes holding them back armed with microphones and note pads while their photographers worked a mile a minute trying to catch either a stunning picture or a comedic picture to share with the fans that weren’t milling around the red carpet and squealing for their oppas to notice them.

            MinHo was bracing himself to endure these people as his stretch limo pulled up to the carpet. Another celebrity had walked out before him, a superbly talented man that went by the name of JongHyun and sang like an angel. The fans would have deafened him had it not been for his ear piece. Now, as he stared at his window, MinHo could see him stalled by a reporter, microphone shoved close to his face as he conversed casually with the woman before entering the stadium where the award show would take place.

            That would be him soon… The idea didn’t appeal to him much. It was a pity he had to commemorate the ending of his vacation with this award show. Nevertheless, he felt happy to be back in the action and to be at a place where he could make his fans proud by possibly winning an award.

            “After you Mr. Choi,” the man who held the door open for him okayed.

            With a deep breath, MinHo walked onto the red carpet, polished shoes reflecting the light of the photographers’ cameras as they caught sight of him. Many people screamed around him, recognizing him almost instantly.

            He wasn’t able to discern which direction the loudest of the screams were coming from. His manager walked alongside him, though a bit farther back and allowed MinHo to smile and wave to the many people, occasionally stopping to sign autographs. This one particular magazine that he was to sign, one with his face printed on the cover, was another normal one in the masses and he signed it with his trademark signature. However, it was not totally the same as the others…

            “Kim Kibum, reporter for 4EVER magazine, Choi MinHo!” a deep voice shouted from beside MinHo.

            It was a bit lost in the disarray of voices all around MinHo, but he caught on to it and looked up to acknowledge whoever it was with a smile to at least be polite. But he was shocked to find a man with stunning cheek bones holding up slanted, cat like eyes that were lined with thin strips of glittering silver liner. His refined eyebrows furrowed in concentration as he tried desperately to catch the attention of MinHo.

            “Yes?” MinHo asked, miffed by the attractive features of the man. He hurriedly scribbled out the rest of his signature on the stranger’s magazine, only seeing now the title, 4EVER, written boldly across the top.

            “Care to answer a couple of questions for our feature?” the reporter asked (Kim Kibum was it?).

            A smile that MinHo had often practiced flit onto his face, though this time he felt traces of genuine care touch his lips as he rounded to face Kibum. “Not a problem. It’s what the red carpet is for, is it not?” he replied charmingly.

            The reporter sniffed comically and whipped out his note pad, pen tip poised on the paper and ready to write every comment MinHo doled out to him.

            “Was your vacation really just a vacation or were you off canoodling with some woman?” the reporter asked.

            Surprised at the bluntness of the question, MinHo stumbled over his words as he tried to formulate a response.

            “No, I can assure you that my vacation was mean to rest and I didn’t spend any time, what was the word you used? Canoodling? I did not “canoodle” with any women during my time off of work,” he answered, a bit miffed.