Chapter 1 ||The Palace||

Mimi POV

~Almost Yona's Birthday~

"Mimiii," whined Yona, "My hair is so weird. It's RED. I wish I had beautiful black hair like yours..." 

"There's nothing wrong with your hair," I replied. 

"If anything, there is definitely something wrong with your head," added Hak. 

"I wasn't about to say that! I promise!" I said frantically. 

"I know Mimi so, shut up Hak," said Yona. 

"FATHER! DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS GUY," said Yona throwing stuff at Hak. 

'Ah, young love...' I thought watching amusedly.

"Now, now, Yona. Hak is your childhood friend right?" said Father. "Besides, Hak is general commander of the castle at just 18. It's only natural that he is your bodyguard." 

"But if I'm going to have a bodyguard, they need to be CUTE," said Yona. 

"Speaking of cute, shouldn't you be acting cuter?" asked Hak. "It seems Lord Soowon has arrived." 

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT SOONER?!" said Yona rushing out of the room. 

"Soowon?" said Father. "Is that why she was worried about her hair? He won't mind her hair, he's her cousin." 

"You don't understand women," I said shaking my head. 

"Well, I better go after Yona now!" I said waving my hand. 

"Soowon!" I heard my sister exclaim. Soowon is our cousin who is 3 years older than Yona and 4 years older than me. I heard my sister crashing into someone and as I turned the corner, I saw it was Soowon. 

"You're doing well, as usual, Yona-hime, Mimi-hime," he said. 

"I heard you arrived so I came here to receive you!" said my sister happily. 

"How admirable of you," said Soowon patting my sister's head. 

"How long are you staying?" I asked. 

"I'll be staying till next for Yona's birthday of course!" said Soowon. "Speaking of birthdays, you'll be turning 16! You've gotten so big! You too of course Mimi. By the way, where's Emperor Il and Hak? I have to greet them." 

"Treating me like a child...Treating me like a child," I heard my sister mutter. "I even used top line clothing, the finest fragrances and even the highest quality of cosmetics and make-up!" 

"All that hard work gone to waste," teased Hak. 

"SHUT UP!" exclaimed Yona. Then muttered, "Stupid Soowon."