The Prologue

THE STORY:

The way he is dressed, and the look of elegance and bearing that he has, he is obviously a European prince or nobleman. Perhaps Italian since he is fluent in this language, which is considered one of the world's "romance languages". A skilled horseman, he has a stable of purebred stallions that he breeds and loves to ride. His home is literally a castle with a personal valet, household butler, and many other staff and servants at his full disposal.

Fashion designers from around the world clamor for his attention. They know that anything he wears will be seen, talked about and sought after. In the international social circles the Prince inhabits, having this kind of visibility will bring them more clients than any marketing campaign could ever accomplish. The Prince has the perfect physique for any kind of clothing but prefers wearing clothing that is comfortable and made with natural fabrics. He prefers the comfort of  handmade leather boots and shoes and many shoe designs seek his patronage. Surprisingly, the Prince enjoys wearing unusual and one-of-a-kind jewelry, necklaces, bracelets and watches. He collaborates with only one designer, a woman named Alara, who has seen a  decided increase in her jewelry business since the Prince became an exclusive client. His unique style in formal wear has also set trends in the fashion world and changed the idea of what a tuxedo can look like. 

Hostesses within the royal social set invite him endlessly to every dinner party and social event possible, deliriously happy if he ever accepts an invitation. Not to mention the mothers who bring their marriageable daughters to those events, hoping to catch the eye of the Prince. Of course, with his heritage and title, his money and status, not to mention his handsome and stunning good looks, he is considered one of the world's most eligible bachelors.  

Prince Alessandro has many acquaintances but few close friends. He learned years ago to be very careful and selective in this area. Although he wants true friends, he knows that many people, both men and women, want to be his friend only because of who he is. However, being aware of this does not negate the fact that he sometimes feels lonely. He longs to have a relationship with a true friend, one with with no ulterior motives.  

At some point and probably sooner then he would like, the Prince will assume the tremendous responsibility of caring for and ruling a country and its people. His father, the Grand Duke, has decided to retire and pass the throne on to his only son. The Prince has been prepared for this moment his entire life and knows the time is coming soon when he will need to accept his royal duties. One of the conditions from his father before he retires is that Prince Alessandro must choose a wife. A future duchess who will rule with him and raise a family with him.

The Grand Duke has given the prince one year to find his princess. Hopefully, she will also be the love of his life.

********** 

This is an Original Fiction story inspired by Turkish actor Can Yaman. All photos, videos and characters belong to their rightful owners.

Written exclusively for Can Yaman International Forum by Mary Bloyd, Resident Editor;  @MonicaRita1943 on Wattpad.