1

I hear a knock from my door, so I place down the letter I was reading.

"Come in"

"Hey darling" My mother speaks while poking her head in "You've gotten a letter from the weasley's. Their poor owl rammed into the kitchen window" I jump from my seat in excitement at the last name of my best friends since first year.

"Thank you!" I practically squeal as I take it out of her hand and am quick to open it. It read:

To our dearest friend,

We have a ticket for you if you accept our offer. A ticket to what you may ask? Well, you have been invited to the 422nd Quidditch World Cup. You also must be representing the Irish otherwise you shall be left behind. We're only joking (Maybe). Anyway we await your reply. Tata for now.

-Yours truly, the master pranksters.

I stare and shock and look up to my mothers smiling face. " Did you know about this?" I ask as I feel the tears welling up in my eyes. "Do you really think Molly would allow the twins to ask you without talking to me first?" she leans against the door frame.

"So, it's alright if I go?" I look at her with a pleading look.

"Of course darling" She says while walking fully into the room. I squeal and hug her. "Thank you. Thank you" 

"It's not a problem my dear, and I'm going to give you some galleons to get yourself a souvenir for getting mostly O's and E's" She says while handing me a pouch

"Mom, no I couldn't possibly. I made money from working at the bookstore, I'll use that to buy things." I say in protest.

"Fine, but at least use it for when you go to Diagon Alley"

I playfully glare at her " And how do you know I'll be going to the shops today?" She gives me a pointed look.

"Fine, also do you mind if Scarlett and Lily come to stay for the rest of break after I get back from the Weasley's please? Maybe, not right after but before school"

"Absolutely, as long as your holiday homework is done"

"Mom you and I both know that was finished the first week of holiday"

"Okay, then yeah just let me know when so I can set up their bedrooms" See this is what's great about magic. My friends honestly have their own rooms attached to the house that are collapsible. My house is definitely magical, a little less than the Burrow. Scratch that a lot less. We live in a small village full of witches, wizards and some muggles such as my dad.

"Okay" I smile at her

"Okay, well I'm gonna go make lunch" She pats my shoulder and walks out the door closing it behind her. I place the pouch on the bed next to the scattered letters. I grab the letters and place them back into the box they came from. To answer your question. Yes, I do in fact save the letters I receive. It makes me feel less alone when I can't talk to my friends.

Anyway, moving on I walk over to my corner desk to write a reply letter and to send letters to Scarlett and Lily.

Lily is one of my only slytherin friends, she's super sweet but very protective. She has eyes for Mr. Georgie Weasley, but we got to keep it hush hush. Lily Tomlinson has long curly brown hair, dark brown eyes, She's taller than me, and has a small amount of freckles. I've been friends with her since 2nd year when I was getting pushed around by older students and she decided to help me. It took some convincing but the others ended up accepting her into our little group of mischief. By others I mean Fred, George, Scarlett, Lily, Lee, and me.