Expectations

Many people don't realise how important K-POP is to us. Some of us join kpop because we enjoy it and the thrill it gives us. Others join for a deeper reason, because they had reached a hard time in life and it was hard to come out of that zone.

People are quick to assume that we ,as humans, like everyone else, have to fit in with today's society and like what everyone else likes or else we'll be judged.

Sometimes you'll be having a conversation with someone and they'll ask 'what type of music do you like?' And you'll feel your stomach start to turn over, scared to tell them that you like kpop and think that you'll be judged so you say 'I don't want to tell you because you'll make fun of me.' And immediately they respond with 'kpop?'

Why do they think kpop is so bad? Why do they assume that it's a crime to like Kpop? What have they got against it? I understand everyone has different tastes and styles but because someone has said kpop isn't normal, most people think it's wrong to like it.

People don't realise how important it is to some people. Like myself, I never knew it was so important to me until I realised this is the only music and type of society that makes me feel good about myself and actually accepts me for who I am. I didn't join kpop for just the idols but also for the thrill it gives me when I listen and see idols having fun and telling me that everything will be ok.

People need to realise that kpop isn't forced, a joke or something to mock. Kpop is a lifestyle choice and it's changed lives. It's helped people to feel good about themselves, to change the way they live for their benefit and has stopped so many people ending their lives.

I understand that kpop isn't everyone's cup of tea and I completely get that, but why the hate and why the racist comments? Just because you don't enjoy it, doesn't mean you need to penalise or put someone down. Kpop is more than just music, it sends a message to people to tell them that it'll be ok and someone is there for them when they think they're on their own. All over the world millions of people have come together for what they love and what they believe in.

So why can't we normalise kpop? Why is it judged so much? And when will this end?

I hope you have a good day. I hope this has made you change your view on kpop.
Thank you x ✨