Chapter I: The Obstacles

Every tower in JToH has obstacles. You have to pass them in order to beat a tower. Here is the full list below.

Button: Buttons activate other parts when they are pressed. Some buttons have a time limit, and other buttons can only be activated by a push box.
Pushing Platforms: These platforms can be pushed. They can also be used as elevators, such as in ToOH.
Killbricks: These blocks will damage you upon touch. Some can be configured to insta-kill, like the truss on Floor 10 of ToIE or ToI.
Turrets: These fire killbrick bullets in the direction of the player.
Spinners: They... spin around.
Elevators: They'll carry you as long as you are in their reach.
Pushbox Spawn Button: This button spawns a push box that can be used to activate certain platforms. Red neon, called "Pushbox Destroyers" can despawn the push box.
Balloon: This gives the player a balloon that will carry them upwards for a certain amount of time before popping.
Tightropes: Neon ropes of various length and width.
Moving Platform: They move between certain spots.
Falling Platforms: They fall when they are stepped on.
"Weighted" Platforms: This is a term I use for the Platforms in ToSP's second floor. They don't fall when you step on them, they fall if you jump on them too much. This can also be used for teeter-totter platforms.
Beatblocks: These platforms turn on and off repeatedly to a certain beat. Figure out the beat, and it's so much easier to pass.
Memory Platforms: They turn invisible every so often, but they do not become can-collide false.
Vine Swings: They give the player a rope to swing on.