- i -

"Are you sure you are fine? Pluem? You need ample rest

"Are you sure you are fine? Pluem? You need ample rest. 'Mae' New can handle all these stuff," Newwie smilingly teased his tutee, Pluem, while kneading the doughs.

"Mae, I am fine. I'm just stressed about my studies. I thought maintaining a GPA of 3 and above is easy..." Pluem sighed as he keeps on decorating the unfinished cake.

"Just tell me if you need help at Math's or Foreign Language okay? I will gladly teach you for free. You can ask your other Phi's here if you need help, okay?" New replied, worried about his adopted 'son'.

The morning shift continued and the two created a dozen of cakes, alongside a basket of freshly baked cookies and other pastries for the coffee shop. Newwie and Pluem were part-time pattisiers at the Y Cafe. The owner of the cafe was a handsome Chinese man named Kenny Lin, who is now busy accepting every proposals for the shop's popularity to rise.

The 'mother' and 'son' duo grabbed their bags and gets ready to head out because their class will start in the afternoon. Both are studying at Chulalongkorn University. Newwie graduated with a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and also taking his masterals degree in Business Administration in the same University while Pluem, who transfrerred from Chiang Mai University, was chasing his childhood dream of becoming a police so he is studying Political Science and Public Administration.

"Just call me if you need something okay? Don't be shy, ha? I am your guardian here so tell me if anything goes wrong," Newwie reminded Pluem.

Pluem just nodded his head, smiling at the fact that, a year ago, who would have thought that this person, his tutor Newwie, will be his life saviour.

He grew up almost an orphan, thanks to his womanizer of a father and an alcoholic mother. He was taken in by his grandparents (paternal) at a young age of 10 but they were too strict for his own good. He was once locked up in his room when they caught him hugging another guy. Being too much  protective sometimes can overwhelm a child. It doesn't matter if his grandparents are homophobic or not, but the way they express their disgust is just too much. He has an older brother, March, but sad to say, their relationship is only by blood eslecially after he got married.

He was studying back then at The Prince Royal's College where he met his tutor, Newwie. His tutor would always bring up stories how beautiful are the city light in Bangkok, how it was crowded by the weekend, the traffic, even the air pollution got him interested. He decided to apply for a scholarship at the Chulalongkorn University and got accepted but his parents are against it. However, his tutor Newwie came to his rescue and promised them to take care of him while he is in Bangkok. They just need to send Pluem money for his allowance and New will take care of everything. His parents think of it as a scam, or a fake deal. They thought New is a part of a syndicate taking young kids to work on a sex den, until New showed his Engineering license and left his contact number for them to ask if they never heard of Pluem again. His parents asks him if he wants to study far from them and he replied yes without hesitation. That's why he will always thank his 'Mae' New for he is a good person and for always believing in him.