Mr. Love Queen's Choice: Under the Weather Date with Gavin

It's finally the day for Gavin and I to head over to the renowned "Cabin in the Woods." We are scouting the place to film a simple reality TV show for live streaming next week.

It was told that people's lives were so peaceful and serene as the province closed itself from high technology and industrialization to preserve a simple and healthy lifestyle.

It was sunny when we left Loveland City and Gavin was prompt as usual. We reached the renowned lake that was so clear and beautiful it looked more like a mirror than a lake. We took great footages of the place and scouted different areas where the actors could possibly stay. Despite the place being low key in mainstream media, it was fully booked and was quickly getting popular.

Just as we were about to head back to the airport, the rain started pouring really hard! There was a thunderstorm!

Gavin naturally took off his jacket and put it on me. He took my hand, as we rushed to the nearest shelter we could find. The cover was a bit narrow with just a small roof protruding overhead, and Gavin insisted I get cover, even if he was the one without a jacket.

"You stay here. I'll go get some help."

Gavin left my side before I could say a word. I looked at my hand, still slightly warm from his touch. Not long after, Gavin came back with an umbrella for me, and although our gadgets were safe and dry in my bag, and I felt warm wrapped in his jacket, Gavin himself was dripping wet, his sculpted silhouette getting more and more visible in the rain. I forced myself to look away.

"Is everything okay?" Gavin asked.

"I'm fine," I said.

"Our flight's been cancelled so we're staying here overnight. Uh, don't worry. I found us a place," he said with ears slightly red.

"You what?"

Gavin shifted and looked sideways so I couldn't see his face. "Come, it's not very far from here. We'll just walk. The whole place is full, but we'll be all right."

Gavin and I had no choice but to stay overnight!

The inn was far from luxurious, but it was cozy and warm with a breath of fresh air. However, there was only one room available – one with bunk beds.

"I'm sure you newly weds won't mind a little adventure, having separate beds from time to time is all right. Or you can squeeze in on this lower bed, since both of you are pretty slim," the old innkeeper said, smiling.

"Thank you," Gavin quickly answered, before I had the chance to say anything.

"You go take a shower and get changed while I step out. I'll see where we can eat... And uh, don't worry, I'll take the upper bed. It'll be easier for you that way."

"Uh, yes, thanks, Gavin."

I took a quick shower and quickly got changed. When I stepped out of the room, I saw Gavin at the lobby, waiting for me.

"Uh, there's a café just outside where we can eat. You must be hungry so let's go."

"Gavin, don't you want to take a shower, too? Your clothes have dried up but you were wet in the rain. Won't you catch a cold?"

"I'll take a shower after we eat. I don't want you to get hungry."

I was about to say I was all right, but Gavin took my hand and pulled me along, and I realized he made sense. The café was closing in early. However, the food was really warm and delicious, with a variety of seafood, vegetables, and Gavin's favorite - spicy noodles!

The rain continued to pour, so we went to our room right after dinner, and Gavin finally had the chance to take a shower.

I busied myself by making us a cup of tea, out in the small balcony, all the while trying to calm my beating heart as I heard the shower turn on and off.

The sky was starting to clear up, and there were already a few stars.

Gavin stepped out of the shower, thankfully, already fully dressed in his typical shorts and shirt.

We both brought with us a set of clothes for changing, but they were far from pajamas, so we both looked like we were still going out for an adventure.

As I gestured towards Gavin to step out on the balcnony and have a cup of tea, he sneezed, moving away from me and covering himself with his shoulder, "Ah-chooooo!"

I was startled, but Gavin brushed it off like it was nothing and sniffed...

"Hmmm, I love this tea," he said as he took a sip.

"It's nothing special," I said shyly.

"It's totally special. B-because you, aaaah—choooo!"

"Uh, Gavin? Are you ok? I think you might have gotten a cold."

"N-no, I, I--- aaaaaah chooo!"

Gavin then looked up and pinched his nose.

"I hate to admit it but it looks like you're right," he said. "I might have to turn in early."

"We could both turn in early, I answered back."

I watched Gavin as he easily climbed up the bunk bed, his firm, reliable back and strong arms visible to me at a new vantage point. As soon as he climbed up, I looked away and took the lower bed.

I lay down, closed my eyes, but sleep wouldn't easily come to me. On the upper bed, I heard Gavin sniffing from time to time.

"Gavin?"

"Yes?"

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"I'm fine, don't worry. I'll be ok by tomorrow," He said confidently.

"Are you sure? Is there anything I can get for you? Maybe the old lady has something that could help..."

"I'm all right, I'll get one tomorrow."

"But you don't have a blanket. Don't you feel cold?"

"A little... I guess I could get one from reception."

I felt Gavin move to get off from the bed, and saw his hand slip. I quickly reached out without thinking and had Gavin tumbling over me in my narrow bed.

I looked him in the eyes, still a bit surprised from the fall. He had sharp, handsome features, but they look more gentle in the moonlight.

"You saved me," he said in a gentle voice; it was barely a whisper.

"I did?" I whispered back.

"Yeah, in more ways than you'll ever know. He smiled and placed his cold hand on my cheek, and touched my face.

"You know I'd kiss you but I don't want you to get my cold," he said softly.

I turned red at the thought and quickly changed the subject, recalling that I actually had some soothing mint and lavender balms in my bag.

"I just remembered I have something that could help you," I proudly announced as I slowly escaped from Gavin's embrace and reached out for my bag.

I had him lie down on my bed, and I seated beside him and applied the balm on his forehead, the bridge of his nose and down his neck, in smooth, circular motions. I could not help but get distracted with his firm muscles, just there below his neck. His jaw was so perfect and beautiful – no wonder he'd make a perfect model.

As I continued to apply the balm, I felt Gavin start to relax and his breathing became more even. I stared at his sleeping face for a while, he looked so peaceful and relaxed. Was he dreaming about me?

I was drawn to him. He worked so hard today, protecting me from the rain, taking time off work just to accompany me to this trip, which he didn't really have to do. I traced the outline of his face with my finger, and decided myself to take the upper bed, with Gavin already fast asleep.

I slowly, gently and quietly moved away from Gavin, but as I pulled away, I felt his arm reach out to my waist, and he whispered, "Stay here with me."

I turned to face him and although his eyes were closed, he gave me a kiss on the forehead. My heart skipped a beat! I lay beside him, holding his arm, unsure if he was dreaming or awake. Although flustered, it wasn't very long until I fell asleep that night – warm in Gavin's sweet embrace, where I knew I truly belonged.