001; Trying To Move On

Gently, she rose from her comfortable bed; her heart feeling empty once again. It's been 6 months now since he left. No goodbye, no nothing, he just disappeared; with absolutely no trace.

Evelyn Rose Choi; For the first time in her 19 years of life she was in despair and lonely. The person who had been there with her through everything was suddenly gone. She'd never even had the chance to tell him she loved him. Now he's gone. Who knows for how long. "Where have you gone?" She questioned in her mind, as she does everyday.

She moved along with her morning; Getting dressed into a simple summery, light purple dress. Her hair curled loosely and the put into a half up-half down style, as she finished with some light makeup just to make her look a little less dull. She looked in the mirror for a few seconds, taking a deep breathe, and reassuring herself she would be okay before she made her way to the kitchen.

Her eldest brother, Hajoon who was 29, had made breakfast this morning. Pancakes with various fruits placed around and many different liquid toppings to go along. He'd also made a few warmer foods like; eggs, bacon, sausages and dumplings, with an extra side of anchovies and bibimbap. He was definitely one of the best cooks in the house, her Mother coming first of course. No one could beat her Mother homemade cooking, not even someone as skilled as her brother, and he has his major in cooking and baking.

Her middle brother, Minjun, was the more sporty brother, and most definitely the cheekiest. Even at 23 he acts like a child. Then came her closest in age brother, Daewon aged 20, was the calmest of her three elder brothers. He was always much more reserved and kept himself to himself. Then came her youngest brother, Jonghyun aged 13, crazy and hormonal. At this age he's unpredictable and was always having mood swings, but it was understandable, so she always tried her best to be there when he need someone to listen.

Evelyn often went by her English name as she'd always found it easier to just tell someone "My names Evelyn." Instead of telling them it was Hyejin, then having to explain what it meant, or what country her family come from and all the other stupid questions she's asked about her name. Of course her brothers still called her Hyejin, but it was more her at home name; which she enjoyed because it felt that much more precious to her.

After Eating her breakfast, she went back upstairs, and packed herself a small backpack with the things she'd need. Her phone, a charger, a bottle of water, chap stick, lip gloss, makeup she used so she could touch up, and then a few small snacks. With that she hugged her brothers and parents bye, "I'll see you all later. I might be back a little late so have dinner without me if I'm not back by then. Love you all." she said, as she slipped on her shoes, "Evelyn, make sure to ring one of us to check in and make sure to take breaks. Love you too." Hajoon said to her, she nodded and hugged him and then walked out the door.

She headed down the stairs - She only lived on the 3rd floor of the apartment building so she always took the stairs - when she got down, she said hi to security guard and handed him the little bento box that she always made for him. "Thank you again Evelyn. You've made lunchtime my favourite part of the day." He said with a big smile on his face as he unwrapped it and opened it. She looked back once more, seeing him enjoy her lunches made her heart happy, he's always been there for her like a grandfather would be.

She continued walking to the bus stop, pulling out her bus pass as she sped up her pace. "Just in time" she said to herself and hopped on quickly showing her bus pass to the driver and walking to one of the back window seats. Evelyn pulled out her phone and plugged in her earphones, putting them in her ears she played some soft music that fit the day perfectly. She looked out the window and watched as people passed by, hoping to see him once again. "It's time to move on." she whispered to herself, as a tear fell down her cheek. Quickly wiping it away, she took out her earphones and tried to think of something else, when suddenly someone tapped her shoulder lightly.

She turned around and saw a man. Tall, handsome, and a little flushed; as if he'd been running. "I-is anyone sit-ting here?" He said through his heavy breaths. "No, its a free seat. Please sit down." with that, he placed himself in the seat and took a deep breath. Whilst he did so, Evelyn pulled out a bottle of water from her bag, opening it and then handed it to him. "Drink some water. It'll cool you down and help you calm a little." she said as she held it out. He grabbed the water bottle and drank half of the water in big gulps. "Thank you so much. What's your name?" he looked at her, waiting for a response, "Oh. um. My name's Evelyn. Yours?" He took one last gulp and then answered, "My name's Atlas, nice to meet you."

For the rest of the bus ride Evelyn spoke to Atlas and got to know him. They found out they were getting off at the same stop, but were going to head in different directions, so they exchanged numbers, and Atlas agreed to meet her for lunch at the café she worked at. She let him know what time her lunch break would start and then waved him goodbye. "Could I be moving on?" she thought out loud, holding her hand over her beating heart. Could this really be a new start for Evelyn? A chance for her to forget about the boy who broke her heart? She hoped so; It's the best thing that could happen right now. He could be the light she was looking for.