Looking the Part

Lying prostrate is a spiritual position that can manifest in the prone position.  A person can lay on the floor during praise and worship, but it does necessarily mean he is laying prostrate.  If he is not surrendered to God, he is just laying on the floor.  A person can be walking down the street and actually be laying prostrate before the Lord as he walks.  Meaning, spiritually he is lying prostrate in heaven before God in complete surrender, since we are seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (see Ephesians 2:6).  We can be sitting on the couch and still be lying prostrate, spiritually.
Jesus gave the Example many times during His earthly ministry. He spent time alone with the Father in the early hours of the day, and in one recorded incident, He prayed an entire night (obviously He probably did it more than once). What was the result? He did what He saw the Father do and said what He heard the Father say. While ministering to people, nowhere do we read that He took special positions to minister or even layed prostrate in a public setting. Yes, sometimes He looked up into heaven, or in other occasions He laid hands on people. He even sat while blessing children. Often He simply spoke a Word. Everything He did was in complete obedience to the Father without pretense. Spiritually, He was prostrate which included when He walked on the water.

www.perfectfaith.org