Give Me Love

Disclaimer: 'Give Me Love' is actually a song by Ed Sheeran whom, unfortunately, I am not affiliated with. This story is based on that song and I'll love you like crazy if you're willing to read this. I know it sucks, but I hope you'll enjoy it as this is the first time I'd ever written a story on my own. 

Sirens were blaring and the blue and red lights that shined from the police cars silhouetted the polices and detectives. It was a crime scene. Paramedics were all over the place trying to revive her, but it was too late. Only a miracle could bring her back to life by now.

Chase caught a glimpse of the victim. She was a very beautiful girl; her blonde hair framed her heart-shaped face perfectly and her face could have been a model's but due to lack of blood hers was gaunt and slightly... ghostly. She looked as if all the love in the world has been drained from her soul, leaving her body full with sorrow. Chase's heart wrenched a little.

Maybe that's why she attempted suicide...

But that wasn't all. The most peculiar thing Chase found out was, she had wings and what looked like a Cupid's arrow was penetrating her veins, making them pour out a pool of crimson blood.

"Jack, was there a Halloween party down here at the bar last night?"

A police ran up to Chase obediently and said: "No, sir. It's not a costume. We tried to take it off, but it seems attached to her body! Rumors has it that..." Jack whispered into Chase left ear, making sure the conversation was unheard by anyone else.

***  

( 24 hours earlier ) 

She saw them. They were at a deserted alley when they did it...

The man held the woman's face in his firm hands, looking at her passionately in the eyes. And then, as if on cue, their lips made contact. The man laced his fingers in between her blonde hair while the woman seductively wrapped her arms around the man's neck, pulling him closer, making sure that his head stays in place as they moved their lips in sync.

Unable to keep watching them, she did the only logical thing to do... she ran back to her room and collapsed on her untidy bed, feeling empty and unwanted. That man promised her, that she'll be his one and only, but now...   

Silence filled the spacious room. The only sounds that could be heard were the boiling kettle, the spinning fan, and her own heavy breathing.   

She couldn't help but keep reliving the scene in the alley, the way the man kissed the woman, holding her in his arms, unwilling to let her go... It was much more passionate, much more stronger, much more... with love.   

She wanted to cry, but there were no tears. She wanted to laugh at herself for being so stupid, trusting that bastard, but she couldn't. She wanted to kill that man, for betraying her, but she wasn't even angry at him. 

Her emotions were lost in that alley, gone forever in the wind. She felt Numb. She didn't put much thought into the fact that she is now emotionless, either because soon enough, fatigue overcame her exhausted body and she fell into a dark abyss of unconsciousness.   

***  

She was awaken by an itch at her backbone. She tried to reach her hand out to scratch it, but to no avail; her hands were simply too short. Rising from her comfy bed, she tried again. The itch was burning now it hurt, but it was still out of reach. She became slightly frustrated and kept tugging at her shirt, finding ways to get rid of the itch.     

Finally, she got it. Her fingers found something and instinctively, she pulled it out and sighed at the sudden relief.  

It was a feather. Covered in crimson blood. And then, she only realized...it was her blood. How did that feather managed to get in her body she did not know but before she even had time to come up with a logical explanation for this mysterious incident, her backbone itched again. This time, more painful.