Guardian

Description:

"I promised that I'll wait for you forever.Time passed and here I am, still waiting."

Yesterday was as clear as today...

As well as the words you said that moment.

"I, Arkint Hellios, swore that I will come back for you my lady..."

"And I, Atrisia DeVigne, promise to wait for you, forever."

Those were our promises that I have forever engraved in my heart.

Cliche words that kept me living up to this day.

I opened my eyes as I felt the soft gust of wind that passed beside me, kissing my cheeks.

It's summer once again, and still, I am here Arkint.

"Don't run!!!" Shouted a far away woman's voice. Letting myself glide by the wind, I turned to see what the commotion was all about and saw a small child being chased away by a woman much older than me.

They were far away but the distance between us is enough for me to hear them.

"Mama! I promise! I saw someone!" The child yelled. I smiled as I saw him close his eyes.

The scene was alive... and warm.

Arkint would've been happy once he saw me and the child inside of my womb. I giggled as I try to imagine his sweet calming face.

"I unterstand!!! Just don't run off! Please!!!" The kid finally stopped. He slowly walked towards me, wide-eyed, amazed...

"Hello." I greeted him with a smile.

"I knew it." He pointed his finger towards me. "It's you!"

"I am who..?" I questioned him. My eyes once again caught his running mother. "You must be careful child, you might fall." I reprimanded.

We are in a cliff after all.

Just a little bit more movement and both of us might plummet down the deep blue sea.

"Come back here Kit!" The mother immediately gripped her child's ear and pulled him closer towards her. "Oh God, what must I do to keep you in place?!" She hissed.

I gave out a soft smile. If my beloved came out, I'll probably be just like her. I will always want to keep him safe...

I held my growing belly.

I love you my dear child.

And your father does as well.

 "Thank you for keeping him safe young lady." The woman expressed thanks as she bowed at me. She slightly pushed her son's head down. "Pay your respects as well Kit."

The child did as he was told.

"It's fine." I said accepting their thanks. I walked towards them with uncloaked feet and held the child's chin up. "I am happy that you are safe."