Preface

[**WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS FOUL LANGUAGE AND VIOLENCE** IT IS ALSO UNDER EDITING SO I APOLOGIZE FOR UNPROFESSIONAL CHANGES]

Burning.

Like someone replaced the blood in my veins with fresh lava, I felt my insides burning, my flesh sweltering under the invisible flames. My heart thrashed weirdly, threatening to jump out of my throat, or burst out of my chest from the overwhelming heat, from the adrenaline, the horror, the fear.

I was thrown into total disorientation, not remembering what was happening, where I was. My mind was buzzing like bees on heroin, dots of every color danced behind my closed eyelids as I held my breath. But I choke when the stiff ache in my shoulder suddenly cramps up every limb in my body. Water filled my lungs to the brim. 

But a voice shot through the thudding in my ears, through the white noise that I thought had already deafened me. A muffled mess of words that pauses, but then repeated,

"[Do you wish to withdraw?]" The man's gruff voice was unnaturally clear to my ears, as though he was speaking from inside my head. 

My eyes flew open as I continue to choke, only to see nothing but the darkness that engulfed me.

"[Last chance...]"

Everything suddenly came rushing back to me. As though the man's voice had reattached my senses, my death wish vanished along with the stinging sensation in my eyes.  I remembered my reason for being here. My reason for coming this far...whatever the hell was happening, I needed to endure it.

Even if it's the last thing I do.