Preface

THE BOY WALKED THROUGH THE woods, he was quiet and moved swiftly through the trees, obvious he'd been here before. You could see it in the way he listened to the trees, in the way he stepped in the right place, the way he picked the right plants, and in the way he crouched down to pick up the lost things.
Lost things. The ground was littered with them, bottle caps and wrinkled slips of homework, pens and diamond rings lost in the water. All lost things ended up here at some time or another.
The boy whistled, and a cat, about twice as big as a house cat, bounded over. She had a pelt as dark as the sky with a white spot above both her eyes. You could hear the boy whisper 'Ra' into the night. Promptly named after that white spot, which looked like a sun.
With his bag of lost things that jingled and jangled in the silence, the boy stood up. He planned on heading back soon, it was getting much later than he had wanted to stay out.
But something peculiar caught his eye, a piece of fabric, purple, covered in stars and frozen over. It wasn't abnormal, there was plenty of fabric in the woods, but there was something he couldn't quite place about this specific scrap.
So he picked it up and looked at, it glittered in the moonlight, and when he looked up, he saw another piece of the fabric, caught in the branch of a tree. Walking forward, tramping his feet in the snow, he saw another, this one tied to a bush. There was a whole trail of these, he soon found out.
He followed this trail, his cat nipping at his heels.
The trail opened up into a clearing, it was bright out, a sparkling sun blinked in his eyes. This was not the same place as he had come from. Instead of dark, snow covered trees, these trees were lush green and flowers grew tall and vibrant from the grass. It was not night. There were no lost things. This was not his forest.
But still the boy crept closer, he didn't sense anything wrong with the change of scenery, in fact it was what he had hoped would happen.
    Up ahead he saw a little girl, she was about six, with long chestnut hair that reached her waist. She wore a purple dress, covered with silky stars. Just like the fabric in the trail, however her slip was all intact, no rips or tears at all.
She reached out a hand, and small tears slipped down her cheeks.
"Help me," she whispered.
Then everything went black.

...

A/N-I'm going to redo the story, the chapters will be longer, and there wont be as many of them. I've made it so things are a little more fleshed out. If you guys still want me to release the original story, I can.