A&P

Abhi entered into his room, completely depressed, somewhere in his heart regretful. He stood still at his balcony, trying to process what happened. He was not accepting the fact that she was no longer with him. It only had been a couple of months, that she started living with him. Their bond was as strong as an ox. Abhishek Prem Mehra, a rock star, a brother, a son, a friend, a husband and a FATHER was standing on his balcony emotionless. He was hurt, he was broken, he was miserable, and he was shocked that he didn't even shed a tear. The lively, extrovert Abhishek Mehra was now dead inside. Then he was guilty. Pragya made him feel guilty. But he didn't blame her. He couldn't even imagine what she was going through.

Pragya was weaker than ever, she had a premature delivery. Her new born Babyboy was a miracle. The doctors said that the baby had only a 40% chance of survival. Pragya was way too stressed and weak to carry the baby thus the pre mature delivery. Pragya had locked herself and the baby in the guest room. She was crying for hours. The Mehra family was very worried for both Abhi and Pragya. Well because Pragya was a mother, no one can even imagine what she was going through. And Abhi because him and her got so close in a short amount of time, at times it even made pragya jealous of their bonding. Abhi and Pragya both needed each other the most now but after Kiara's demise they were distant than ever.

They lived under the same roof but in different rooms. Pragya decided that. She suddenly filled her heart with hatred for Abhi. He knew that and that's why he didn't bother her or talked to her. He left her alone to grieve on her own because that's what she wanted. The Babyboy, Arnav, was healthy.

Indu Daasi's heart was now gripping fear than ever before. It has been 3 weeks since Kiara's death. Abhi and Pragya were living under the same house as strangers. Abhi longed for Pragya. It was clearly visible form his eyes. But he didn't push her or force her to do anything. He had warned the other family members to take of pragya because he knew Pragya wouldn't let him. It's been 3 weeks since Kiara passed away and Abhi was not taking care of himself. Indu Daasi, often late at night, went to check on him. He was either sitting still in his balcony, staring at the sky or was drinking alcohol. His drinking habits were getting worse.

Abhi would watch Arnav from far away. Pragya was very protective of him after Kiara. She wouldn't let anyone touch her baby especially Abhi. One and a half months passed and Abhi's health was going downhill. He was not eating well, he was barely getting any sleep, and he started drinking. Indu Daasi had it enough now, she decided to patch up things between Abhi and Pragya.

One day Indu Daasi went to talk to pragya. Daasi knocks on the door, "come in" said pragya finally starting to come back to her normal self. "Pragya beta" said Daasi smiling at Arnav and her. "Yes Daasi needed something?" asks Pragya politely and smiling lightly. "Pragya...it's about Abhi... He is not doi-" Pragya cuts her off saying "Daasi I don't want to talk about him! I don't care if he dies or something happens to him. I can never forgive him." Daasi was stunned about the way she was talking about Abhi, if she had to sacrifice herself for Abhi she happily would. "Pragya I know you don't mean it but I just want you know that all these days he hasn't slept well. He barely slept for 9 days! He's not eating well, he has started drinking again. I know you still love him Pragya, YOU can NEVER hate him Pragya." Declared Daasi. "That love-sick Pragya died with Kiara Daasi!" said pragya with tears brimming in her eyes. "Now I only care about Arnav! He is my everything!" "Pragya you don't-". That's when they hear the door squeak. And they both knew someone was listening to their conversations. Daasi was praying that the person at the door wasn't Abhi but luck was not on her side. Abhi was at the door and he listened everything, the exact opposite of what Daasi wanted. She knew that Pragya's words would completely break Abhi into pieces. "Your medicines Daasi." He said as he walked out. "ABHI...ABHI...LISTEN TO ME!" And they heard the door closing with a thud. Daasi angrily walks towards Pragya and says "Pragya even he needs healing, Kiara was his daughter too! For the past month he has been suffering all alone, when he needed you the most you abandoned him!" Daasi angrily walks out.

One evening,

Robin had informed the family that Abhi didn't come back home yet. He was out since 6 in the morning. Poor robin was ordered by Abhi that he should tell the family he had meetings and he will not be home soon. But robin knew this wasn't the case. After the confrontation with robin, the family members tried their best to contact Abhi. Pragya was also informed about this and deep inside she was scared for him, she wanted him to be well. She hoped that he would came back soon. Pragya tried to stay strong in front of the family, that it didn't affect her that Abhi was not home considering the trauma he was going through alone.

It was now past midnight, Abhi was still not home but he did call and inform Daasi that she shouldn't worry about him and that he was safe and sound. Pragya didn't sleep that night. She was walking to and fro in the main hall waiting for him. And around 3am he entered the house. He saw pragya and it warmed his heart. But he suddenly remembered the conversations between her Daasi. He then lowering his gaze walked back up to his room.

At that moment she realized that she was wrong. She always knew Abhi was a sensitive guy. But still she punished him for the things he did not do?! She accused him for his own daughter's death? She angrily shouted that he didn't love him anymore over the mistake he didn't commit? She decided to mend things with him. He needed healing too.

Making up her mind she goes up to Abhi's room. He didn't lock the door. She silently walked into the room and saw the mess it was. Like Daasi said he was sitting his balcony, drinking.

She walks towards him and sits beside him. "Suniye?" Pragya cried and her voice was breaking. It hurts her like hell to see him like this. Then she held his hand and entwined her fingers with his. Pragya was confused, was Abhi not noticing her? She got closer to him, cupped and turned his face to make him look at her "Suniye?" That's when he came out of his haze. He was shocked seeing Pragya beside him and in panic he asked her "Pragya? What are you doing here? Is Arnav okay?" he instinctively cupped her face and asked "Are you okay Pragya? Seeing her tears, he moved back. He started to move into his room again but Pragya stopped him and called him back.

He hesitantly came back and wondered why she was here, in his room and talking to him. Once he settled down she directly asked him "Do you still love me?" she asked him with tears running down her face.

"Is that even a question? Of course I love you. How can I not love you?" says Abhi surprised by her question. Pragya was now heavy crying with a large volume tears flowing steadily. Abhi was getting scared second by second. "Pragya is everything okay? You are scaring me now." That's when she hugged him. Abhi was shocked. "I am sorry...I am so sorry. I don't hate you, I love you. I can never hate you. Please forgive me." Said Pragya as her tears were wetting Abhi's t-shirt. "I know Pragya...I am not upset with you. I know you were going through a lot. And you weren't in the right state of mind. It's okay. Pragya please calm down. I can't see you like this." Said Abhi in a clam voice. Pragya tightened the hug even more and Abhi hugged her back. He was trying his best to calm her down by patting her back and kissing her hair time to time. They sat in their positions for a solid 10 minutes. When Pragya calmed down she said "Suniye I am really sorry I didn't mean what I said... I really love, I don't hate you." Abhi with a smile on his face said "I know love." Getting back to his serious tone he said "From now on Pragya I don't want you to think about Kiara, she's gone now but she will forever stay in our hearts." Pragya nods her head as a yes.

"Pragya?"

"Jee?"

"Can you put me to sleep tonight? Please? I missed you so much!" With guilt and a small smile visible on her face she nods her head.

Abhi had kept his head on Pragya's chest, hopefully that now Pragya's here, trying to sleep peacefully. With Arnav peacefully sleeping besides them in his crib. She was caressing his head as they both were settled, cozily, covered in the duvet, on their bed. The way Abhi was hugging her, made her realize that he had become more insecure and afraid. He was hugging her like she would disappear in thin air if he let her go. Pragya made a decision to bring back the normal from tomorrow onwards. She can never get over the fact that Kiara was not with them anymore but for Arnav to grow in a healthy environment, her and Abhi should get back together. And with this thought Pragya kissed Abhi and slept peacefully after a very long time.

~mariam

Don't forget to vote and comment!

This is my first ever story on abhigya. I hope you guys like it😭. Tell me your views in the comments. Anything you like or want me to improve upon! Tell me.