The First Day of School

"Beep Beep Beep", my alarm rings to wake me up for my first last day of high school. I am so excited and nervous. I know no one in this town except for my mom and the old woman at the grocery store. My mom and I just moved here last month. To be honest, Mancos, Colorado is a pretty neat place. I slowly get up and look outside to see how bright it is. The mountains are so pretty. I can hear the loud chirp of the birds and fell the subtle gust of wind. I must've forgotten to close my window last night. I make my bed and look at my already pre planned outfit. Ripped black jeans from American Eagle, a cropped white tank top with a purple bralette and lastly, my black high top converse. This outfit was so basic but I don't want to start off the year too strong without knowing what the vibe is like in my new school. I turn on my hype playlist to get myself in the right mood for the day and suddenly Water by Ugly God starts playing. I hop in the shower and rap the whole song. It's quite a good song. After my shower, I put my clothes on and style my hair. Having curly hair is so irritating at times. I spray it with water and put it in a half up half down hairstyle. I put on some light makeup and head down for breakfast.

"Good Morning mom" I say.
"Good Morning sweetie. Are you ready for your first day?" My mom asks.
"I guess so. I only get one shot so we shall see how it goes."I respond.
"I'm so proud of you honey. I know these past couple of months have been hard for you but it will get better. You now get to hang out with people your own age instead of me every day. I love you so much." My mom states. I lean in and give her a hug and wipe a tear from her eye.
"I love you too mom." I replied. 

I fixed some coffee and grabbed a croissant and my keys and headed out the door. Once I was in my car, I resumed my hype playlist and put the directions to my new school, Blue Valley High School. I got there quite early since it's only a 10 minute drive so I found a pretty good parking spot. I hop out of the car and see tiny groups of friends laughing and catching up. A lot of the students here are wearing black. Maybe seniors were supposed to wear black but I didn't get the memo. I pull up my schedule on my phone and try to find room 811. I had AP Calculus first which kinda sucked. As I'm looking down at my phone I accidentally bump into someone.
"I'm so sorry" I said. I look up at the tall guy and he is gorgeous. His green eyes staring back at me and his neat brown hair sitting perfectly on top of his head. Did I mention that he smells amazing? I could see his bicep bulging out of his shirt. Suddenly I'm staring and don't know what to say next.
"You're good" He replies. "I've never seen you hear before, I'm Henry." He says.
"I'm new here...I senior, I mean I'm a senior and my name is Annalise but I go by Anna." I reply. He chuckles at my word fumble.
"Well nice to meet you Anna. What class are you looking for, maybe I can help you find it?" He questions.
"I'm looking for room 811, I have Mr. Robert for a AP Calculus first period." I state.
"That's great, I also have him for first period. We can walk together to class." He smiled. His teeth were so white and perfect. He made me a bit self conscious. We were walking in silence for a while until one of his friends came up and greeted him.
"'Sup Henry! Bruh I can't believe we're finally seniors!" Henry's friend exclaimed.
"I know Jake. Bro it's been too long, how was your summer?" Henry replied.
"Pretty sick. I partied all summer in Florida with Emma.We made it official last week. Hopefully I don't fuck this one up!" Jake laughed.
"I hope so. Emma is pretty cool." Henry responded."
"Yup. So who is this cute chick by your side?" Jake asks. Suddenly Henry starts blushing. He seems as if he is at a loss of words.
"I'm Anna, I just moved here. Henry was just helping me find my class." I laughed.
"Sweet, well nice to meet you. I'm Jake. Hope to see you around sometime. Henry's single by the way." Jake says.
"Shut up bro!" Henry exclaimed. I could see the sweat starting to form on his clear forehead and his cheeks turned even more red. Henry gave Jake a quick middle finger and Jake responded with a middle finger back. I don't know if I can call him a friend yet but he seems pretty cool.
"Sorry about that. Jake is a little bit of a jokester. He's not usually tha crazy this early in the morning." Henry explained.
"It's okay. He seems like a nice guy." I replied.
"So tell me a little bit about yourself. Where are you from?" Henry asks.
"I'm from Georgia and I moved here a couple months ago. I live with my mom like 10 mins from the school. I don't really know anyone here yet. I guess I like to read and play Minecraft." I responded
"Nice. Well I've lived here my whole life. Jake is my best friend and I play basketball. But I also love playing minecraft." Henry replied. "Well, were here." Henry states as he looks into the classroom. I look at him and then the classroom and we both walk in. I take a peek at the bored and notice we have assigned seats. I scan the seating chart to see if I'm sitting next to Henry but alas, I am not. I frown and notice I'm sitting next to Emma. I wonder if it's the same Emma that's dating Jake. We'll see.
"I guess this is where we part ways." Henry states.
"I guess so, bye Henry." I smile as a walk back to my seat. Emma was already sitting in her seat. She was gorgeous. She had long straight blonde hair and brown eyes. She also had this blue winged eyeliner that looked amazing on her. The black dress she was wearing was gorgeous and looked expensive. She flashed a smile at me and waved. I waved back and introduced myself.
"Hey girly, I'm Emma. I'm guessing you're new her huh?" Emma replied.
"Yeah. I love your makeup by the way" I complimented.
"Thanks girl. It's my first time trying blue. You are so pretty. I see Henry has already started chatting with you." She smiled
"It's not like that. Henry is extremely attractive but I don't really know him yet.He was just helping me find my class." I laughed.
"I want you guys together! You guys would be so cute!" Emma exclaimed. I smiled at her and sort of blushed. We would be cute. Yeah I am only 5'3" and he looks to be about 6'4" but we could make it work. 
"A few friends and I are grabbing lunch after school. Henry will be there and I would love for you to come." Emma says.
"Sure sounds like fun" I reply.
"Sweet, put your number in my phone and I'll text you the details." Emma replies. I put my number in her phone and smile. She was so nice. Suddenly the teacher started talking and my first class of senior year had begun. Not only had I met a cute boy, but I made friends and I'm hanging out with them later. This day couldn't get any better.