Pity

A/N: This is my submission for the Writing Challenge held by LilyHemsworth. Her 80s and 90s imagines is what keeps me alive. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

Pairing: Young!Leonardo DiCaprio x Reader

Warning(s): None

Word Count: 853

Prompt:

#2 - "I don't need your pity."

When Leonardo first met you, it was to compliment the flower in your hair

When Leonardo first met you, it was to compliment the flower in your hair. Being the extra in his movie, you immediately thought that Leonardo was being nice just to be nice. You didn't feel special, frankly because he was kind to all of the extras. He would take pictures with all of them, but you were never one to be very photogenic. That was what caught Leonardo's attention. While all the women on set would only want him for pictures and to flirt with, you weren't like them.

The fact that you didn't try as hard as the other women on set, that immediately caught the ocean blue eyes of Leonardo. Everyone on set were quick to notice the sudden interest that Leonardo took in you. It went from just staring at you from across the room to following you around. The directors were able to perceive the chemistry between you two, and before you knew it, they had given you a role in the movie.

Even though you weren't given many lines, one of the scenes involved just you and Leonardo. The directors blew up with amazement as they saw your outstanding performance with Leonardo. Some even wished that you were the love interest in the film instead of the other woman who really was. Soon enough, they had given you a trailer and you went from being an extra to being one of the stars.

It was definitely something you weren't expecting, but you were happy because Leonardo was there every step of the way to help you through your lines. You've been keeping a diary ever since you were a little kid, and no doubt you still had one. You had been writing about your experience with Leonardo and how surreal your experience was. You just hoped that nobody would read it because it revealed many feelings that you were never good at expressing.

Leonardo grew to be an amazing friend, but you knew that you couldn't go any further with him because you worked with him. You've had trouble in the past dating and getting together with people that you worked with. Leonardo on the other hand was feeling that he wanted to surprise you in your trailer with a box of chocolates and bunch of flowers. He lightly knocked on your trailer door and gently opened it, peeking into the opened spaced room.

"[Y/N]?" Leonardo whispered softly, entering the trailer. He closed the door behind him and scanned the area, searching for you. "[Y/N]? Are you in here?"

Leonardo walked around the room, expecting to see you but didn't. He sighed to himself and turned to leave, but accidentally stepped on something on the way out. Leonardo's eyes widened as he looked down and sighed in relief as he saw that it was just a journal. He stepped back and picked it up, brushing it off, soon noticing that it wasn't a journal. It was a diary. It was your diary. Leonardo couldn't help but flip it straight open as soon as he got his hands on it.

He knew that he wanted to respect your privacy, but he wanted to know if you had any beef with anybody on set. You two would always joke about people, and Leonardo was ready to read some juicy stuff. He went to the very end to see the date of today, and it started with Leonardo's name. Leonardo snaked his eyes across the page, and before he knew it, he was done with the entry.

His heart felt as if it was about to jump out of his chest. He figured out something that he never thought that would ever happen. You loved him, and not in the way that you said to him. It was genuine, true love. Leonardo always thought that you never felt that way toward him, but he definitely knew that he felt the exact same for you.

"L-Leo?"

Leonardo about jumped out of his skin as he heard your name from behind him. He was so distracted with his thoughts, he didn't even hear you enter. He dropped your diary and saw your eyes glued on the diary that was on the floor. His eyes were wide.

"D-Did you just read my—"

"[Y/N], I did but I just wanted to tell you that I feel the same."

You scoffed and rolled your eyes. "I don't need your pity."

"Pity? I'm not giving you any pity [Y/N]," Leonardo admitted, approaching you with a sincere look on his face. Your heart dropped to your knees as he reached you. He got close to your face and smiled at you. "You have the most beautiful soul that I've ever met, and your looks is just a lucky bonus."

"Leo, I don't know if you're—"

Leonardo cut you off with his lips and gave you the exact answer that was needed for the questions you had for him. You melted into his kiss with a satisfied smile. You could tell from the kiss that he meant his words, and you couldn't be anymore happier.