Ashton

I was fifteen when our Mother died, and it ruined our family.  Our Father started spending more and more time at the office and less time at home.  AC started using drugs and every chance he got he would constantly make Katie's life at our home a living hell for her.  Sienna started spending more time at J.T's house and Joaquin was always at Angel Rose every chance he got. I took on the role as temporary dad to Logan, Abby and Avery.

"Where's daddy?" Avery asked giving me her sad eyes.

"He's at work dummy." Abby answered Avery before I could.

"Dad has a lot of stuff to do at work, but I'm here and I'll always be here for you." I told each girl as I gave them a kiss goodnight. "Goodnight girls I love you."

"Goodnight Ashton I love you too." They both said in unison.

I slowly walked to the door and closed it behind me. When I got out to the hallway Katie was waiting for me.

"Hey beautiful." I said to Katie touching her cheek.

"They're so lucky to have you." Katie gave me her sweet smile, "I'm so lucky to have you."

"Katie you'll always have me. I know we are young, but I've always knew you are my future since I was 10." I kissed her cheek, but she had sadness in her eyes.

The front door flew open and AC came stammering in through it. I ran downstairs to confront him for the millionth time about coming home high.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I got into his face and Katie tried to pull me back, "The girls are sleeping upstairs, and I don't need them seeing their brother like this."

"Well, well, well if it isn't makeshift daddy and his little home wrecker." AC said with glossed over eyes and swaying.

"Katie's not a home wrecker asshole." I was pissed that it's almost a year and he was still making her life hell.

"Well she wrecked my home." AC gave her a deadly look, "I'm going to bed."

"You do that, you fuckin junkie." I said to him while he was walking up the stairs to his room. He turned around and walked back to me.

"What did you just call me." AC asked in a low and sinister voice.

"You heard what I called you." I said back in the same tone as him, "I heard you got kicked off the football team today."

"You're not my dad so stop trying to pretend you are." He pointed his finger at my chest, "You're my twin and you chose that bitch over our family."

Katie got in between AC and I, "Ashton just stop." She was pleading with me.

"Yeah Ashton listen to your little whore." AC laughed.

"Don't call her that." I said to him while Katie was still trying to keep us separated.

All of a sudden, I heard crying coming from upstairs, I looked up to find Avery sitting on the stairs covering her ears crying. I ran up to her and picked her up.

"I'm sorry baby girl that we woke you." I wiped her little tears and carried her back to bed.

"Why do you and AC always fight?" Avery asked sniffling.

"Sometimes certain people can't get along." I tried to explain to her.

"But he's our brother." She sat up in her bed, "If I mess up like AC, will you one day hate me too?" Avery asked.

I hugged her really tight, "No baby girl never, I love you and no matter what you do nothing will ever stop me from loving you." I held her little face in my hands, "I don't hate AC I just hate the things that he does." I laid her back down, "Go to bed baby and I'll see you in the morning."