Regret (Prolouge)

(A/N- I'm really sorry about the shortness of the prologue, I don't want to give to much away so I decided I'd keep it short and sweet. Of course this is a Maylor fanfiction but it's not your typical romance, forever together cliché. I hope you enjoy it! Katie.)
All of us at one time or another have longed to turn back the clock and change something or multiple things we have done. Many of us waste time thinking about where we went wrong or what would of happened if thing had turned out differently? These feeling are described by one powerful word. Regret.
It's a word that cuts through the air like a knife, creating a deep, clean wound. The mention of the word sparks memories to arise, memories you'd much rather let sit and wallow at the back of your mind. The more the word lingers in the air, the worse you feel. The numbness in the pit of your stomach becomes more prominent as the memory of your biggest regret grows more vivid in your mind. Eventually you enter a state of mind in which all you can think about is this memory, this happening that occurred how ever long ago it may have been. The more you reflect on it the more it drives you mad, although eventually it is pushed once again to the back of your mind. That is until the next time regret is mentioned.