Meeting a new Friend (completed)

This story takes place during the Bili Bili Macrolink 2019 Vsinger x Cryptonloid concert 

In the backstage area of Bili Bili Macro Link the Cryptonloids are quietly waiting for their turn to shine. "Attack attack attack!" The final words from the Visingers group song could be heard signaling the ending of their performance. Miku jumped up and walked to the door. "Wish me luck!" She said and rushed off. Tianyi gave a quick speech and followed the other Vsingers backstage. As soon as she walked out Miku ran up stage waving to the audience. 

Most the Vsingers and Cryptonloids were standing around a table grabbing drinks and snacks, except Moke he couldn't reach the table with so many people around it and it wasn't in his nature to push for it, he could wait for everyone to move away eventually. Kaito spotted the young loid sitting on a bench at the side. He grabbed a bottle of water and a chocolate bar and made his way to the young loid he'd yet to properly introduce himself to. 

"Wait, he is Chinese what if we don't understand each other? Uhm, ah let's try English maybe he speaks that a little" Kaito thought and sat down next to Moke. "Hi how are you? I brought you some water and a snack" Kaito smiled awkwardly as he held out the bottle and bar to Moke. The Vsinger shyly smiled back and took the drink and snack from Kaito. 

"T-thank you" he whispered. "I'm sorry? I couldn't hear you it's really noisy isn't it?" Kaito smiled brightly. "I said thank you" Moke repeated himself slightly louder this time. "Ah of course, you're welcome!" Kaito said excitedly. "You speak English?" He asked. "Yeah a little even though I don't have an official English voice bank so excuse me for my accent" Moke answered, taking a quick sip from the bottle. 

"I think your English sounds just fine! I have an English voicebank, but according to fans that's debatable" Kaito smiled. "I think your English is just fine. People don't know what they're talking about" Moke said and took another sip from his drink. Kaito laughed. "You're spunkier than you initially look. Oh how rude of me I completely forgot to introduce myself I'm -" "Kaito I know" Moke interrupted. "I'm Zhiyu Moke." "Hmm Moke, that's a cute name" "it isn't particularly cute" Moke muttered. Kaito laughed again "if you say so." A short comfortable silence followed as they listened to Miku's performance on the stage. 

"So did you practise all our names when Tianyi informed you about us working together, that's cool. I tend to have trouble remembering names" Kaito smiled. "No I already knew about you before that" "oh you did?" "Well yeah, because I look up to you a lot!" Moke exclaimed. Kaito didn't know how to respond to that. "I think your voice is amazing I'd love to be as cool as you someday!" 

Kaito smiled again, though differently this time, there was something sad about it. 

"I'm nothing like that, I'm a failure you know." "You're not! Yes your company may have said so, but you worked hard to get where you are now! Not all Vocaloids get to be in concerts you know, so please don't say that. I want to be like you too" Moke turned quiet for a bit. "You know I'm a failure too" he muttered. "You are? How you're amazing! You sound awesome and have you seen your dance moves!" Kaito cried. 

Moke blushed a little. "Thank you, but I am, there were a lot of problems during my production and my voice was almost given to Yanhe, if that happened I wouldn't even exist right now, so yeah I look up to you and relate to you, we have a slightly similar past and even similar colours. Hence I want to be like you too and work hard to become just as cool as you!" Moke explained. Kaito smiled happier now and ruffled Moke's hair. 

"No Moke you shouldn't be like me" "why not?!" Moke cried. "You should be just your amazing self never forget that okay" Kaito said. Moke nodded and smiled "I won't." He confirmed. He opened up the wrapper of his chocolate bar quickly stuffing his mouth as he didn't know what to say next. Suddenly Luka walked up to them waving. "Kaito come on it's our turn soon!" "Coming!" Kaito said and got up. "I have to go take my tiny moment to shine, see you in a bit okay?" Moke nodded his mouth still stuffed with chocolate as Kaito walked towards the other loids, though what did he mean with 'his tiny moment to shine'? Moke didn't quite get it.