The Visit

"Buenos diás, Roma" I said as he entered the door. I just finished dressing to go tomato picking when he walked in. "Whatever jerk face" he replied. "Roma, would you like to go tomato picking with me" I asked before grabbing a basket and making my way to the door. He said nothing and just followed me. The sky had been a grayish tint, but frankly I didn't care. The tomato fields were always peaceful and I could lay there for hours upon hours just gazing up in any weather situation. I picked a few ripe tomatoes from the field placing them carefully in my basket. I looked at Romano he was enjoying a small but plump tomato, it reminded me of him when he was a child, small plump and red like a tomato. "Hey Roma" I said slowly getting up. "What do you want idiota" he said. "I found a tomat-" I was cut off when I suddenly felt weak, my knees buckled under pressure and I felt myself gasping for air.

"Toni are you okay?" Romano said walking towards me. I smiled back and simply went on "Yes" I said biting into a tomato, perhaps I just ate a bad one and felt sick from it.

I just needed to catch my breath I kept repeating. He walked closer and bent down to his knees and got eye level with me when I saw an expression on his face I've never seen before, pure concern for me.

"Los Sient-t-t-o, mi amigo" I slurred my words.

I slumped two the ground as I heard yelling but the words just bumbled and buzzed and my sight faded to black as I could no longer make out his face. I heard a crash of my basket, and then it all went black.