My Best Friend's Girl - Drake x MC

It was the night of Drake's birthday. Riley was able to coerce him to go out with the rest of the friends after Maxwell found a bar with great reviews on the drinks and a mechanical bull. They arrived a little after nine and Maxwell's eyes widened, "This place is...awesome!" as they walked into another world of it's own.

There was the mechanical bull Maxwell promised, a jukebox, and many people dressed in jeans with boots. Maxwell ensured to dress the part after reviewing on Yelp that it was a rodeo themed bar, so naturally he wore his tightest jeans possible with a fitted black buttoned up dress shirt. And of course a cowboy hat.

Drake was red with embarrassment. "I..uhh am going to hit the bar", Drake said.

"I'll come with you!" Riley exclaimed.

She pulled her arm through his as they walked over to the bar. She always felt comfortable with him, safe to know their relationship was opened to friendly contact. It still made him blush though, that she was comfortable with that physical contact and it made him self conscious with Liam around. He didn't want Liam catching onto his feelings for her. It wasn't like she and Liam were necessarily together, but she was part of the social season as a suitor. Their relationship had to be platonic.

She hung on his arm even when they approached the bar. Her white, cotton dress that flowed down to her knees swished as she swayed waiting for their turn. Her cowboy boots kicked the metal rung at the bar's side.

"What's your pleasure birthday boy?" He gulped while trying not to stare at her toned legs that were taunting him in her dress.

You, he thought. But answered cooly, "I don't know, surprise me."

She released his arm and bent over the bar. "Hey barkeep!"

Slapping the counter and practically showcasing her chest to Drake while she tried to get the bartender's attention.

She smiled at him, "The birthday boy should get a free drink!"

"Actually Brooks, that only works for women."

"What are you talking about? Watch this." She smiled at the bartender as he came over for their order.

"Hi! Can I get a double whiskey for my friend here? It's his birthday."

The bartender nodded and started making the drink, "Oh and can I get...hmmmm what should I get?" She coyly played it smooth, biting her thumb.

"I'll come up with something..." The bartender flirted.

Within a few minutes he returned with Drake's whiskey and a Manhattan for Riley.

"Oh nice! How'd you know this is my all time favorite drink?" she winked and sipped her drink.

"Can we get this on the house? You know, being his birthday and all?" She took another sip and directed her brow to Drake.

"Sure thing, babe. Let me know how you like the drink."

"Thanks!" She put some cash in the tip jar and turned to Drake.

His mouth was hung open. "Well shit, Brooks. Of course you'd get it free. He got to talk to a hot girl. That's not playing fair."

She flipped her hair and licked her lips, the gin left over from her drink. "So you think I'm hot?" She giggled.

He blushed and just shot back his drink in a few gulps, leaving his glass on the counter.

"Let's...go back with the others", he dodged answering her question. She started to dance a bit to the booth Hana and Liam were sitting at.

Drake couldn't keep his eyes off Riley, he diverted as much as he could to throw off Liam though. Who was now eyeing him a bit more this evening than usual as he observed their arm and arm stroll to the bar earlier.