Introduction

(Izuku's POV)

It was a chilly day in the Stilts but that doesn't stop me from stealing. I skillfully weave through large crowds and steal peoples possessions right out of their pockets, it's quite entertaining too. I don't do this for fun though my mom can't support us with her minimum wages she earns, so I do this as a part time job.
Everyone here is looking forwards to First Friday, when work and school end early. But not me. I'd rather be in that hell called school learning the unimportant things, in a classroom full of children.

Though I won't be in school any longer. My eighteenth birthday is coming, and with it, conscription. I'm not apprenticed, I don't have a job, so I'm going to be sent to war like all the other idle ones. Not that it's a mystery there's no jobs to spare, with every person trying to stay out of the army.

My brothers unfortunately went to war when they turned of age, all three of them sent to fight Lakelanders. Only Shiggy writes back instead of making us think you're dead. I haven't heard of Touya and Kai in over a year.

I was thirteen when Touya left. He kissed me on the cheek and gave me a single pair of earrings for my little sister, Eri, and I to share. They were hazy pink colored glass beads. We pierced our ears ourselves that night. Kai and Shiggy upheld the tradition when they went. Now Eri and I have one ear each set with three tiny stones to remind us of our brothers fighting somewhere, this very moment. The legionnaire in his polished armor snatched them from my grasp one after another. And this fall, they'll come for me. I've already planned ahead and started saving—and stealing—to buy Eri some earrings when my time comes.

I saw some little children trying to pickpocket someone, though they were caught by the security officers nearby. Amateurs.

I swiftly turn around feeling the tiniest bit of pressure on my waist, and relief overwhelms me when I see a toothy grin. Its just my best friend Kirishima. A fisherman's apprentice, and war orphan. Most likely my only real friend.

"Hey Izuku couldn't you be patient and wait for me."

Sarcasm evident in Kirishima's voice as he spoke. I snap back a sarcastic reply back,

"Gee didn't know you couldn't spend one day without stalking me."

He turned a bit pink maybe the cold is getting to him.

" So~ Izuku are you waiting for Eri?"

"She has a pass for the day. Working," I said clearly fed up with him.

"Then shall we get moving? Wouldn't want to be fashionably late to the show!"

"And what a tragedy that would be.." I said in a snarky manner.

"Oh dear, seems like someone woke up on the wrong side of bed." He teases, shaking a finger at me.

Right after he says that he runs off, almost forcing me to jog right behind him. His manner of walking looks a bit odd in the crowd. I guess long hours on the sea does that to you.

Like my dad, Kirishima's father was sent to war, but the exception that mine returned missing a leg and a lung, His father came back in a shoe box. Kirishima's mother ran off after that appalling situation, leaving her young son to fend for himself. He almost starved to death, but somehow always managed to pick on me any chance he got. I fed him since I didn't want to be kicking around a bag of bones. Now, he's apprenticed and won't face conscription. How time flies...

(Third POV)

As Kirishima was nearing with Izuku to The Queenstrial they quickly composed themselves.As they were out of breath from the running they had done. Izuku has never really liked The Queenstrial as Kirishima loved them. Izuku lost in his thoughts bumps into someone on accident, as Kirishima helps him up he sees the person he just bumped into was none other than Ochaco Haven from the Haven high house. Izuku immediately goes back on the floor on one knee with his head down as he bows, Kirishima follows Izuku's movements swiftly.

(Ochaco's POV)

I was looking to escape to have a clear head. When I bumped into someone, they quickly recognized me and swiftly bowed to me along with his friend. I quickly panicked because I could get recognized, so I told them " P-Please don't bow it's not r-really necessary!" They quickly stood up as quick as they bowed. The greenette then stuttered out " W-were   s-s-sorry p-pl-please f-forgive us m-malady." As he gradually got quieter while speaking I could tell they were scared of me, as they were staring at the ground stiffly. I soon said "No worries just run along and enjoy your day." They said their gratitudes and goodbyes to me and scurried along to most likely watch The Queenstrial. I better get back it's about to start.

                            To be continued

WC:472

(Authors note : No character will have their quirks from the anime series. They will have the superhuman powers from the book series of The Red Queen. There will be romance and smutt in the future but it will take a while to get there but maybe some heated kisses will be added during the wait. I will try to include longer chapters from here on out! Enjoy!!!