CHAPTER ONE

*Priya's pov*

I woke up after feeling a deep pain between my legs. I felt a hand on my breast, which was gripping me tightly. The deep smell of cigarette and strong alcohol was suffocating me.

I slowly stood up, took a blanket and dragged myself towards the door. I opened the door and froze at the sight.

There were a bunch of people who stood there, half armed with ammunition. One of them saw me and rushed towards me. He held my wrist and pressed a white handkerchief on my face.

That was the last thing I remember.

When I woke up, the second time, I saw my step sister Nupur standing infront of me and beside her was my brother ,Rahul, my aunt's son. Nupur was smirking at me and handed me a bottle of lime juice.

My throat was so dry that I took it and drank the juice. She sat on the bed and took the empty bottle from my hand.

"Priya, you are my last hope. You know my secret but Harsh doesn't. Keep my heir in your womb." She said, smirking

"Why are you doing this to me? Why not someone else?" I said, not even able to makeup my sentence.

"Sorry, Priya. We need money, and for the heir, you are our only hope" Rahul sat up and continued, "Priya, just do it. And yes, the next 9 months, you are going to stay here, till you give birth to the baby." He said and left.

The next 9 months was the worst months of my life. Everytime, a person entered, either he gave me my medicines, or food. Not a single word.

Everytime the thought of the suffocating smell of cigarettes, and strong alcohol, sent chills down my spine.

During the eighth month, I was shifted to another house at the outskirts of the city.

It was a farmhouse, like a bungalow, but it was huge and and modern designed. Sometimes I was left in the huge garden to walk by myself.

I knew that Harsh Malhotra had already started to pay Rahul, from which half of the money was going in Nupur's account. Harsh was completely in dark about the money in Nupur's account.

I was ready to give birth to the baby but not ready to just hand it over to someone else. I ain't a surrogate.