𝖛𝖎. 𝖒𝖔𝖒𝖇𝖎𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖙

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱 — 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭

☽ ֯ ◗ ✩ ◖ ֯ ☾

"𝐎bviously, nothing's gonna come out of it. I mean, I may never see him again."

Zoe and Emma took sips from their coffee mugs while listening to Hope babble happily.

The school's guidance counselor had asked the brunette tribrid if she wanted to talk about last night. And hadn't pushed her when her answer was negative.

Despite that, Zoe was grateful Emma was always there to listen to her. But she had no wish to discuss her breakdown now — or ever. She knew Emma wouldn't judge her, though she'd definitely scowl her for consuming so much alcohol and drugs.

But Zoe's answer had been the same for over the years: When you have as high tolerance to such things as myself, you'd, too, take it in such doses.

"And nobody wants a phone thing. Though, I do like the sound of his voice. It's low, and smart-sounding, and kind of soothing. And his eyes. His eyes are like, this green-gray color that's not really a color, you know? Like, they're green when he wears green, and then—"

Hope caught herself, realizing she had been talking for several long moments without a pause, and groaned as she looked down at the floor. "Oh, my God. Who am I right now?"

Emma and her sister chuckled, setting their coffee mugs down on the table. "A normal teenager? Though I do love hearing you talk about something as simple as having a crush on a boy, you do not need a counselor, Hope. Neither of you."

Emma's phone buzzed and she picked it up, turning it to the side when she took notice of the fact Zoe was trying to read the message she'd received. She rose to her feet, making her way towards the doors as she finished her statement, "You both need a friend."

☽ ֯ ◗ ✩ ◖ ֯ ☾

𝐇ope strode down the hallways of the school, making her way towards the Grand Hall. She had told her sister not to get in any trouble for a few minutes while she talked to someone.

And when Zoe had asked if that someone was a male werewolf with bad anger issues and also happened to be Landon's foster brother, she'd just shrugged.

"All right, let's get the rest of these chairs and tables and get 'em outta here. All right? Let's go, let's go."

"Perks of being an alpha — a bunch of people you get to boss around," Hope spoke from behind Rafael as the wolf made his way to help with the moving of the furniture.

"More like a bunch of shadows waiting to be told what to do." It was obvious Rafael had no wish to talk to her, or her sister, but the Mikaelson girl continued trying to have a conversation.