𝖝𝖎. 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊'𝖘 𝖆 𝖒𝖚𝖒𝖒𝖞 𝖔𝖓 𝖒𝖆𝖎𝖓 𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖙

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐢 — 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐦𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭

𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭

☽ ֯ ◗ ✩ ◖ ֯ ☾

𝐀 prolonged buzz coming from somewhere near her head roused her. Zoe threw an arm over her eyes to shield herself against the sunlight pouring into the room as her free hand patted around the nightstand to find her phone. Electronic devices weren't prohibited on the school grounds, but they weren't exactly sanctioned.

For the decade she spent here, the student body had thought of so many ways to sneak in smartphones and laptops that the headmaster had given up on trying to confiscate them. He played dumb, they played dumb, and everyone was happy.

She finally fished it out from underneath her psychology, criminology and politics books for advanced students (which cost her a good chunk of the Mikaelson fortune), scrolling through the bunch of notifications till she discovered the reason for her waking up.

It was only one message, Have you ever been diving? And Dorian had apparently learned the copy and paste option because the same sentence was sent over twenty-five times in the span of a minute and a half.

With a loud groan, Zoe rolled on her side and out of bed, shoving her feet in the wolf slippers Hope had bought them to match. It had started as a joke, but not they both wore them whenever there was nobody around to witness two of Earth's most powerful creatures sitting around in printed pyjamas and animal slippers.

She walked over to her wardrobe (she and her sister used to share one, but since they grew up and Zoe started getting more and more bizarre work clothing or equipment, Hope had declared she didn't want to open the doors and a full astronaut suit to fall out of there and throttle her).

On the face of it, a person would consider it a simple wardrobe: rows of clothes and uniforms on hangers. But once one got a closer look, they might notice the slightly different colouring on various parts of the walls, as if whoever put the piece of furniture had run out of wood in places. An even closer look would reveal the nearly unnoticeable locks on those places, and then the realization that they were cavities would dawn on the person. If, of course, they actually managed to break all the spells around the school, the room, and every single thing inside the room.

Zoe grabbed one of the twelve keys for the wardrobe from its place in the hollowed out door frame, and opened one of the large compartments inside the left wall of the wardrobe.

Her mother had taught her a bit of space magic — how to stash things in between the folds of the world, especially how to make additions to pieces of furniture that looked small but were actually almost as big as the piece of furniture itself.

Opening the small door with creaking hinges revealed diving equipment.

Hope sometimes teased her that if they were locked in their dorm room, they'd be able to survive for at least thirty years only with Zoe's provisions.