Prologue

Sami entered a room with four other people. The white light and white wallpaper was violent to his eyes.

He checked his watch, the watch indicating it was nine fifty-eight in the evening. Everyone around him looked drained of energy. They all looked like lifeless zombies fighting sleep just to perform in front of five judges.

The first person who auditioned was a female teenager who looked like she just finished school. She walked up to stand on a tape that was placed as an X. She sung for about ten seconds before one of the judges cut her off startling the everyone in the room. "Next" the judge ordered. The girl was shaking and was on the verge of tears.

The panel was battling sleep with heavy eye-bags forming under their eyes. The next one to audition was a man that looked like he was eighteen years old. He danced but was cut off by another judge. The next one was a girl who looked like he was in seventh grade. She danced and lasted longer than the other two but was still cut off by the judges.

Sami was last. He was nervous and shaky from the previous performers. He walked up nervously and introduced himself to the uninterested and tired panel. His group was the last for the year as they the company they were auditioning for was holding global auditions.

He took a deep breath before singing the second chorus of I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston in it's original key. This was enough to awake the judges a bit but not fully. The judges' eyes widened and they regained energy when they heard his voice still stable after the key change and him adding some runs of his own in his performance. Sami finished but the judges told him to sing five more times before stopping. The judges looked impressed as they discussed with each other. "May we ask if you could dance freestyle?" One of the judges asked. Sami smiled and nodded his head.

One of the judges grabbed his phone and played Yoncé on the speakers. Sami's expressions changed from happy innocent smile to a more seductive smile as he danced very sexily to the song. Sami finished dancing, he bowed and then went back to his place behind the line. The judges were impressed by his performance. The group of performers left the room and left the building they auditioned in.

A week passed by as Sami received a call from an unknown number while he was shopping with his friends. He answered the call.

"Hello?" Sami asked. "Hi is this Samuel Corazon?" A man on the other side asked. "Yes why?" "We're from Iconix Entertainment and we would like to fly you out to South Korea is that okay?"

Sami was shocked as he just froze and dropped the paper bags he was holding. His friends stopped walking and got closer to listen to who Sami was talking to. Sami's face crept up into a smile as he responded to the man on the phone. "YES!" He screamed as the people passed by and looked at him shocked and confused by the boy's sudden outburst.

And that's how it all started...