1

Diana was stubborn. Everyone had dismissed the agent- her agent- as dead, but she held steadfast. 47 wouldn't just die on a mission as simple as that one! He's smarter than that. And if no one else would find him, she would. Following footsteps he took before all contact was lost. There was no last known whereabouts since contact was lost under what appeared to be just signalling issues. After all, he was entering the side of a mountain. The Handler had to be careful still entering the large cave mouth, unsure if every threat was taken care of. But the deeper she walked, the more she relaxed. Perhaps 47 managed to finish the mission before something went wrong. After all, nobody was here. The plan was to make everyone abandon the base so...

But then why wasn't he out of here? It was just a simple cave, no way could he have gotten lost. The deeper the woman went the more doubtful she got. She heard people talking, hurriedly slamming her back into a rocky wall to hide herself.
So the mission wasn't finished.
Capturing 47 seemed impossible...but that left death as an unacceptable answer. Carefully, she started to search more. The voices seemed to be little in number, but most likely armed. She had just a throwing knife in her coat pocket, and that wouldn't end well for her. She started walking further away from the lights until something caused her to fall forward, the rough floor cutting her hands and dirtying her sleeves. Pushing herself to a sitting position and grabbing her phone for a light source, she saw what caused her to trip.
47.
Eyes widening, she quickly grabbed the man's shoulder, praying that he'd just been knocked out or was playing dead. But the shoulder was cold. Shakily, a hand brushed across the back of his head, over the barcode tattoo.

Even colder.

Grief hit like a truck, the Handler pulling her agent into her arms, searching for why he was dead. The sight of the bullet wounds were sickening, dried blood ruining his suit. The classic silent pistol laid on the ground nearby. Tears fell from the woman's eyes, hugging the corpse of the agent, her friend, the man she loved tight. It was hard not to scream, tears splattering across the still features that were cherished so.
Wiping her eyes, Diana let go of 47, a bloody hand caressing his cheek before her other hand snatched the fallen gun.

If we go down...

She let out a scream.

...we go down together.