Chapter One

I got out of the car, and shut the door behind me. New school, new life. I miss Brooklyn. 

I walk into the brand-new house, shutting the door behind me. There's dust flying around, and some furniture lying around covered in sheets. This place is just a little ray of sunshine. Looking around a but, I saw a kitchen, a dining room, a living room, and the stairs to the second floor. I guess this place isn't too bad.

I put my backpack down on the floor, and pull out a book. Of course, I like to read. It makes me feel like I'm in some otherworldly dimension of some sort.

In the book, a girl was on her own in an adventure, trying to find her way home. She was lost, possibly across the world, possibly in another world. She had to go through all of these battles, on her own, only so she could get back home.

"Elizabeth! Come help unpack!" My mom yelled to me, disturbing my highly needed and relaxing silence.

"Coming!" I responded. I guess I don't get any free time in this new life.

I spent about an hour or so helping them unpack, but all I really wanted to do was read more. I pulled the book out of my bag, and read.

Before I knew it, it was about dinner time, and my mom was going to take us out to eat. We went to one of my very favorite fast food places, I didn't know they even had them here.

When we got home, I was going to pull out my book, but of course, I had read a lot today. Instead, I decided to explore. 

Looking out at all of the rooms, I realized it wasn't that bad at all. Heading upstairs, of course I would want to pick out my room. After all, the rooms are kinda big, but pretty average sized. I decide to pick the one thats the biggest, but clearly not the master bedroom, and it has one of those little benches connected to the window and wall that I really like. I can't tell if the walls are white or really light pink, but it's by far the best room in the house beside the master bedroom.

Walking out into the hallway, I see a string coming down from the ceiling. Apparently there is an attic too. 

I pull on the rope, and the stairway comes down. As I walk up, the attic seems to look more and more dirty. When I am finally to the top of the stairs, the only thing that I can see that isn't dirty is a chest. of course, being the curious little person I am, I open the chest. It seems nothing is in it.Looking around, I spot a nearby broom, and think to myself that this attic could use some cleaning.

I take the broom and sweep around the attic floor, but then I realize I'm still wearing my backpack from moving. I drop the broom to take off my backpack, and step back so I can do so. I feel something under my foot, and accidentally trip over it.

I know I'm falling toward the chest. I brace myself for impact on wood. But that's not what I get

I land on wood, and some sort of stuff that looks like space. I feel something swirly, and I realize that the chest must've been a deactivated portal. I must have activated it. Next thing I knew, I was on a grassy hill.