Unwanted

-Eren's P.O.V-

"I hate this world."
To me, the word 'hate' had no particularly strong meaning. It was more of an everyday saying more than anything else, like a greeting instead of 'good morning'. If people really say they hate something over an event so easily, it wouldn't be a lie if I said my life has been hell from the start. My parents had abandoned me the second they found out I was deaf, and left me with my aunt. My aunt is divorced and never sober - always shouting at me for no reason, only coming back after midnight or the following morning she set out, leaving me microwave meals everyday. Wherever I went, I was unwanted.

________________________________________________________

I headed towards the place I feared most - school. As I walked, I held my school jumpers' abnormally long sleeves with the tips of my fingers to prevent the wind from revealing my scars. It was a normal morning, but not the sort of morning you would see, even if you were placed right here where I was. The sky isn't bright and the sun isn't shining great rays down onto your path as birds tweet and sing merrily. Instead, I see the world tinted a gloomy grey and it's dead quiet. There is no sweet melody reaching out into my deaf ears, only the sight of jeering bullies, looking down at me. Not even once was I helped back up after the times I've been countlessly beaten up, not even teachers... maybe because they were also afraid. I always use a notebook to communicate - not that it's very useful. Three quarters of the paper in my notebook consists of hate comments. I remembered this and pulled my notebook out of my pocket, a everyday routine, like how someone will check their Instagram or Facebook (something I had barely any knowledge of).

'You're such a nuisance', written in black, bold Biro. This person was probably angry at that time and wanted someone to take it out on. Pathetic, using me like that...

'Unsociable freak', sharp, capital letters. These are always one of those bullies - weak when alone, but has power over anything when in large groups.

'Loner', 'just die already', 'you're creepy', I flicked through the pages, half focusing on the roads and half on the lined notebook.

And, there I saw. Joined-up handwriting written lightly with a HB pencil.

'I'm sorry.'

A/N (from the future): I know that the first few chapters are really shitty and cringey, but please keep reading because I'm trying to improve my writing and I hope it will!