Chapter 1

Za'Nyla Pov

Heyy I'm Za'Nyla and I live with my older brother Za'ki who is 20 and is known in the streets as King. My parents died when I was 6 years old in a plane crash and ever since King has been my mother, father, best friend, and big brother all in one. I have long curly black hair, small chest, big ass booty, light brown eyes, deep dimples, and I'm also light skin. My mother was black while my daddy was Puerto Rican.

" you could start a fire, I ain't trippin off that bullshit" Chris Brown song x played as my alarm went off.

I slammed my hand down over my iPhone trying to silence it. It read 6:00. Ugh I hated mornings but, I had to go to school. I threw my covers off of me and sleepily walked to my bathroom. I did all my hygiene things before putting lotion on my body. Then I walked to my closet to see what I wanted to wear.

I decided on wearing my white crop top, high waisted ripped shorts, my pink and white knee socks with my, Jordan bed 11s. I left my hair curly and put some lip gloss and perfume. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs.

I walked down and saw King and his best friend/partner Jay in the living room talking. I had only met Jay once and lawwwd he was fine as hell. He was light skinned, had these cute as light brown eyes, six pack, his hair was light brown and curly, and multiple tattoos over his body.

Today he was wearing a pink and white polo shirt, white trues, and his all white Air Force 1s. He also had a diamond earring in his ear.

"Hey yall I said as I stepped into the room and gave them a hug.

"Wassup ma, you looking good over there" Jay said to me as he licked his juicy lips.

I blushed looking down as King hit Jay upside his head.

"Nigga don't be flirtin with my lil sister" King said mugging Jay.

I laughed and took a seat in the living room. I still had a couple minutes before I needed to leave for school. I sat down and pulled out my phone texting my bestfriend/sister. Her name was Aaliyah Thomas. She was 17 and we had known each other since diapers. She was my partner in crime and the person other than King i trusted with my heart.

" So whatchu waitin fo?" King asked me pulling me from texting.

" Watchu talkin bout ?" I asked confused

" How come you ain't leave for school yet. Its already 7:45".

I looked down at my phone and saw the time. Shitt I had to be in homeroom at 8:00 on the dot.

" Jay can you give me a ride to school please?" I asked

" You lucky you cute or else I would have told ya ass no" Jay said while standing up and dapping King.

" Be good in school sis" King said as I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

I grabbed my bag and phone before walking out the door with Jay in front of me. We walked over to his 2014 Audi black on gold. I had to admit he had a bad ass ride.

I opened the passenger side door and got in and waited for him to start the car. At first the ride was silent until he decided to speak up.

" So you got a boyfriend or anyone special?" Jay asked

" Yea" I answered lying. I could of sworn I saw a little anger take over his features for a quick moment before it passed.

"That's cool ma. He treat you right?"

" I was just playin I don't have no bae right now and if I did he better treat me right" I said rolling my eyes.

Ain't no nigga gonna walk over me. Fuck I look like? A sidewalk?