Keep Marching

I was so excited that Andy was finally playing our hometown for Warped. That meant that I got to see him perform for the first time in forever! Something even better...finally introducing (Y/S/N). He's only four but the death of his father two years ago has just been so harsh on him. He always asks where he is...and I don't have the nerve to tell him.

I stood side stage with a special pass around my neck. I held (Y/S/N) and let him play with the lanyard so he would mess with the earplugs in his ears. 

The show went great. They sounded so amazing. Andy barely looked back at us and I was happy to know that meeting my son would be a total surprise for him after the half hour.

Andy and the band walked off stage with us. I waited behind the stage as I watched the sweaty performers drench themselves with water bottles.

"(Y/N)!" Andy called out, making his way over to me, my son hiding behind my legs, grasping for dear life over his fear of strangers.

"Hey, baby!" I greeted, lightly pecking his cheek as I was unable to move forward.

"Who's this?" Andy tried peeking behind me but it only made him hide more.

"This is (Y/S/N)." I tried to push him out from behind my legs. As soon as his name was said he perked up and looked at me. I picked him up and held him around my waist.

"Awe, hey." Andy smiled at him carefully.

"Is this Daddy?" He looked up at me, eyes squinting in the harsh sunlight.

"No..." I giggled, feeling horrible for any mention of his father figure.

"I'm Andy." He held out his hand, (Y/S/N) received it and shyly shook my boyfriend's hand.

"You're Mommy's boyfriend, huh?" His tiny voice quieted even more.

"Ha, I guess so." He winked at me. I gave him a harsh look. "I'm actually thinking about making her my wife so I can take care of you two."

"Eeewww!" My son hid into my chest with laughter. I felt his warm breath chuckling on my skin. I could only smile and blush as I looked at him.

"What'd you think of the show?" Andy looked back up at me.

"It was amazing. (Y/S/N) was rocking out, too." I shook him to gain his attention. His head turned and he started smiling and nodding his head immensely. 

"That's awesome." Andy gave (Y/S/N) another crooked smile. "Wanna' come see our big bus?" He asked my son as I put him to the ground.

"Yeah!" He squealed over his love for huge vehicles. Something about little boys and giant things...

The two ran off ahead of me. Andy was bent over as he held my son's hand as they scampered awkwardly to the parking lot. 

"You in for the long-haul?" Ashley laughed, coming up sweatily behind me.

"Looks like it." I smiled and crossed my arms, watching the two get tinier and tinier as they ran off.